Level 3 tips 'n truths

I know several retakers, some of them more than once. I just passed on 1st attempt. This test is manageable with the right coaching. Here are my tips:

1. Change absolutely everything from your previous failed attempt(s).

2. The people who recommend that you use only CFAI are lying to you. I was Schweser only – I hit it hard and deep and often (300+ hours, big 6 hour study sessions) and passed 1st attempt. There is a reason Schweser is #1 in the business.

3. the only way I was able to do it was with full support from my partner, who is awesome; if you don’t have that then he’s/she’s not a good fit for you.

4. I hear excuses from young 'uns about work commitments and late or long hours (a classic naive humble brag) keeping them from studying; that’s the kind of attitude that keeps you down, without a charter, and somebody else’s bitch. Understand it is YOUR career on the line.

#2 is on point. I used only Kaplan for 3 years straight and passed all levels on my 1st attempt. I’d recommend them to anyone for all three levels. Schweser is boss - they know what they’re doing.

I agree with you completely, I started with CFA books and realized that I dont see full picture and turned to third party provider, which was condensed-just enough to pass the exam. CFAI books are great for understanding the concept.Still, the priority is to pass. Enjoying CFAI readings I can after I pass the exam…