Who has the most impressive matrix of AF 2017?

Glancing through the results I found TakeiFinale with an extremely impressive AM: 0/2/8 PM: 0/1/8.

Is there any know AF’er that topped that?

At the other end of the spectrum…

400hoursnow wrote:

FINALLY PASSED !!! at the border

Essay Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% 1 Alternative Investments 19 - * - 2 Portfolio Management - Institutional 22 * - - 3 Portfolio Management - Performance Eval. 15 * - - 4 Portfolio Management - Individual 15 * - - 5 Portfolio Management - Indiv/Behavioral 15 - * - 6 Portfolio Management - Individual 22 - * - 7 Economics 14 * - - 8 Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 20 - * - 9 Fixed Income Investments 21 * - - 10 Portfolio Management - Risk Management 17 * - - Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Economics 18 - * - - Equity Investments 18 * - - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Fixed Income Investments 18 * - - - Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 18 - - * - Portfolio Management - Individual 18 * - - - Portfolio Management - Monitor&Rebalance 18 * - - - Portfolio Management - Performance Eval. 18 - - * - Portfolio Management - Risk Management 18 - * -

#ThisGuy

This matrix is so unbelievable! How did he manage to pull it off?

I give it to them because the AM, but I hit:

1/2/7: AM 0/0/9: PM

Someone on the reddit I think hit >70 on all AM…which is crazy.

You must have hit at least 90%+ on PM Jsnazz. Impressive. Mind posting what you did for preparation?

To me both ends of the spectrum are amazing. Must also be a thrill to know you have put in just the right amount of effort to pass. Regardless if you were lucky or unlucky in the exam, you’re lucky you just nicked it.

However it is more impressive and rare to see people being so prepared for the exam challenges. Exceptionalism draws an audience.

Upper spectrum:

TakeiFinale AM: 0/2/8 PM: 0/1/8 Jsnazz AM: 1/2/7 PM: 0/0/9

Luckiest: AM: 6/4/0 PM: 4/3/2

Wow, very interesting to see that his maximum score (if my calculations are correct) is, 62,5%. So the MPS is below that… Would be very interested to know if there are any worse matrix’s than this one.

that above matrix’s estimated score is 52.2%

minimum is 31.4%

62.6% max.

but since it is unlikely he got the maximum score, the MPS is less than 60% to pass lvl 3? unless he is lying about his pass

To be honest I was shocked by my PM matrix, I thought it would be worse especially for Ethics since I never got >70% in L1 and L2. I never seem to understand what CFAI wants us to grab on Ethics and I was not sure about at least 5 questions during the exam. For AM I walked out of the room knowing I killed it.

Very impressive matrix TakeiFinale… Great job! A bit jealous to be honest :smiling_imp:

You do know that matrix is most likely BS, try searching “at the border” and order by date - you’ll only find the threads Hashtag quoted it in rather than the actual original thread where 400hoursnow posted it.

Thanks :slight_smile: But a pass is a pass, and an impressive matrix will mean nothing different soon. :smiling_imp:

I got AM: 1/3/6 PM: 1/0/8, which I was pleased about!

Grrrr

i saw this matrix too and have been dying to ask - is this real? Because how can this person pass and I end up in band 9 with

AM 2/5/3

PM 4/2/3

?!?!?!?!

Sorry to hear that man, but that guy’s pass is possible, if he got close to the maximum score of the matrix, which may be right above 60%, the probable MPS. Though it’s really very, very, very rare IMO.

One question here, does 300hours.com use 70% or 66.6% for PM item set falling in 51%-70% range to calculate the maximum score? In PM the only possible max score you can get for 51%-70% range is 66.6%: 8/12 for Ethics and 4/6 for other topics. If 300hours.com uses 70% in the calculation, then the estimated max score for this matrix is even biased upward, which means his max score may even be below 60%. Wow the MPS is really low this year.

Can attest that crap matrices can score passes. I passed with this steaming pile of dung:

AM: 6/1/3

PM: 2/3/4

wow…I suppose so…actually can anyone tell me what my score probably was? Also know it’s stupid but considering retab

Essay

Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% 1 Alternative Investments 19 - * - 2 Portfolio Management - Institutional 22 - - * 3 Portfolio Management - Performance Eval. 15 - * - 4 Portfolio Management - Individual 15 * - - 5 Portfolio Management - Indiv/Behavioral 15 - * - 6 Portfolio Management - Individual 22 - - * 7 Economics 14 - * - 8 Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 20 - * - 9 Fixed Income Investments 21 - - * 10 Portfolio Management - Risk Management 17 * - -

Item Set

Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Economics 18 - - * - Equity Investments 18 * - - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 18 - - * - Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 18 * - - - Portfolio Management - Individual 18 * - - - Portfolio Management - Monitor&Rebalance 18 - * - - Portfolio Management - Performance Eval. 18 * - - - Portfolio Management - Risk Management 18 - * -

We have divided the group of candidates who did not pass into 10 approximately equal score bands. Your score band below shows how your overall score on the exam compares with the overall scores of candidates who did not pass this exam. For example, a score band of 1 indicates performance in the bottom 10%, a score band of 10 indicates performance in the top 10%. Your score band: 9

can you go to 300 hours and let us know whats your max score

My rough estimate passing score was 58%, though could have been as high as 72%. Based on other passing matrices, i would peg the MPS around 60-61%

AM: 3/6/1

PM: 3/2/4

Sure beats the fail band 4 from last year!