How many of you shared your pass on social media (Facebook or LinkedIn)??

Just curious really; it’s obviously a personalized decision. I’ve opted not to (I haven’t for any of the 3 Levels) - there’s something about doing it that always felt a bit off to me. But then again I see others share their CFA success and all the validation they receive and I’d be lying if I said there wasn’t a small part of me that feels that urge! lol.

I did update my LinkedIn, but my edits/updates are not seen by my network (I can see how many would question the point in doing that, however - ie. feeling that the whole point of LinkedIn is to sell yourself, etc…).

You are over analyzing the situation. You are proud of your accomplishment, post about it. It is a big milestone. Most people won’t even know what it is… and I assume you are not a annoying social media user that is posting every single meal you eat or activity you do.

I had a lot of friends and family know I was taking these exams as I missed out on a lot of events leading up to the exam so I posted it on FB to let them know it’s over, but did not post anything on LinkedIn.

Damn right I shared my pass. I have put myself, my friends, and family through hell for these tests. They deserve the reward of knowing it was worth something, as much as I do. All the missed events or weekends spent locked in doors. It was all worth it and I am proud of that.

It’s true what you say about all the family/friends that knew I was taking these exams and deserve to know I finished this dream/these goals and excuses or whatever from the past actually paid off.

I guess for whatever reason I’ve always admired people that achieve these kind of big milestones and didn’t broadcast it to everyone, and just kind of went about their business and moved on to the next goal. I’m definitely over analyzing the situation, which actually seems fitting on a CFA forum… :slight_smile:

Sounds like you read banking material. I think GSE is the source of the tip to act like you’ve been there. If not the source of that lifestyle, it was where I heard the advice. I’m not trying to flop down a measuring tape here and share my successes with the world in the sense that I feel like I need others to validate me. I’m sharing because it is a big milestone that impacts me both professionally and socially and will impact my quality of life going forward because I will not be as busy and have to miss out on as many things going forward.

A lot of the people my age likely only take out of it the news that I’m not longer going to be impossible to reach for 6 months every year and that’s totally fine by me.