To retab or not?

Your estimated 40/60/80 score:** 61.8% Estimate only - not your actual score Your theoretical maximum and minimum scores: **46.7% Minimum

75.3% Maximum

should I retab?!?!

Damn, that sucks. Higher estimated score than mine. But in all seriousness, you do realize the 300hr score is flawed at Level III. They have no idea what you actually scored in the moring.

I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a retab working. If you have $100 to burn why not, but do it for your own peace of mind.

give me that money kid. i want to get an asian massage

Thanks guys

these are my actual scores. I just can’t stop thinking about retab when I see scores that are worse than mine being awarded a pass

Essay

Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% 1 Alternative Investments 19 - * - 2 Portfolio Management - Institutional 22 - - * 3 Portfolio Management - Performance Eval. 15 - * - 4 Portfolio Management - Individual 15 * - - 5 Portfolio Management - Indiv/Behavioral 15 - * - 6 Portfolio Management - Individual 22 - - * 7 Economics 14 - * - 8 Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 20 - * - 9 Fixed Income Investments 21 - - * 10 Portfolio Management - Risk Management 17 * - -

Item Set

Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Economics 18 - - * - Equity Investments 18 * - - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 18 - - * - Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 18 * - - - Portfolio Management - Individual 18 * - - - Portfolio Management - Monitor&Rebalance 18 - * - - Portfolio Management - Performance Eval. 18 * - - - Portfolio Management - Risk Management 18 - * -

We have divided the group of candidates who did not pass into 10 approximately equal score bands. Your score band below shows how your overall score on the exam compares with the overall scores of candidates who did not pass this exam. For example, a score band of 1 indicates performance in the bottom 10%, a score band of 10 indicates performance in the top 10%. Your score band: 9

Ouch this could very well have been a pass matrix… the mystery around the actual MPS and the curve that is applied by CFAI just boggles my mind… I feel your pain and understand your disappointment…

That being a band 9 makes me think you must have done on the lower end of more scores than you’d think and suggests to me that I must have done better within the tiers because we have quite similar breakdowns yet my email says pass. I didn’t even have an ethics boost with my 51-70 there. $100 for peace of mind. Obviously you know the likelihood, but if you’d feel better with a retab than $100 of booze and pizza this weekend, I couldn’t say I’d blame you because I would have retabbed a band 10 without question.

After having had success with 3 of these tests now, I personally could see myself miscounting if it were my job to sum all of that up all day long. I am unfamiliar with the process. I do not know if they have multiple people sum them up to begin with. I also do not know if they have $10 an hour high school grads grading this or volunteers who have obtained a CFA. I’m sure all this information about the process is out there, but I was too busy studying to worry about the process. Given their record with retabs, I would say there are multiple more than one qualified individual calculating it the first time.

My apologies, but my ethics hasn’t helped me on a single one of these 3 tests without a fail. I think I’m going to keep my scores off the board now that I’m done with tests and just have to worry about the application process now.

Edit: I guess I will say 3/3/4 AM and 2/3/4 PM.

was thinking the same thing band 10

Q# Topi Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70 1 Alternative Investments 19 * - - 2 Portfolio Management - Institutional 22 - * - 3 Portfolio Management - Performance Eval. 15 - * - 4 Portfolio Management - Individual 15 * - - 5 Portfolio Management - Indiv/Behavioral 15 - * - 6 Portfolio Management - Individual 22 * - - 7 Economics 14 - - * 8 Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 20 * - - 9 Fixed Income Investments 21 * - - 10 Portfolio Management - Risk Management 17 - - *

Item Set

Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Economics 18 - - * - Equity Investments 18 - * - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 18 - - * - Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 18 - * - - Portfolio Management - Individual 18 - * - - Portfolio Management - Monitor&Rebalance 18 * - - - Portfolio Management - Performance Eval. 18 - * - - Portfolio Management - Risk Management 18 - *

I’m leaning towards doing it just so the “what if” doesn’t hang over my head while I study for the next one. I know success stories are rare but it’s for peace of mind I guess.

Same comment as another thread but:

I failed band 10 last year and retabbed, for me it was worth it just for the slim hope that something might change, it didn’t but I don’t regret it and I think if I hadn’t my studies might have been plagued by “what if” thoughts. Passed this year, with a good matrix (certainly better than I expected).

The only other thing I would say is that given the likelihood of success (i.e. none) with a retab, I’m not sure I would do it for anything less than a band 10, however it does buy you a little piece of mind and for me, that was worth $100.

Depends whether you can afford to spend $100 and most likely not get positive result. CFAI sets an MPS and some candidates automatically pass/ fail. Only 5% that are on the border are reviewed again. I belive as far as you are in the band 9, its likely that you were reviewed manually and as a result you have failed.

The 300 hours analyzed is an approximation and for morning session less than 50 can be easily 0 and you can technically have missed 32/180 points (17% of the AM session). For pm you have 4 sections below 50, which is also critical as most people do much better in the pm session.