Reaction from friends/family/colleagues

What was the reaction from friends/family/colleagues/managers?

My whatsapp, FB and email was obliterated with messages of congrats. It was pretty overwhelming. At the same time I thought, damn I’ve neglected all of the above for 5-6 months for the last 2.5 years. Time to reconnect with the world eh!

Friends are mostly in high-tech not caring what CFA is.

Colleagues either have the charter or think it useless (in risk management).

Girlfriend gave me the ‘now we can go out to dinner on Saturday’ speech. She’s about to be disappointed… again

Haha. I feel you. Now I don’t have an excuse to not go to things.

LOL

People was happy for me, but they dont know the efforts we put, for them this is like an university exam…

Uh, well. Found out my former boss got stuck at level 2 and gave up. I had no idea he had taken any of the exams. If he was still at the firm, it might have been awkward. You know, the Institute highly encourages references from direct supervisors.

My tiger mom just went into the shock. My family/friends couldn’t believe it and now they think about CFA as even more difficult exam (which is good for CFA reputation haha) but you know all they would say is ‘oh no problem, you’re surely gonna make it next time’.

My initial reaction was feeling a bit blank as I was planning a retake for Level 3 next year. I was OK to get a fail this time as I will need another 2 years to fulfill the working experience for CFA charter. For the 2017 exam, I planned to start studying from Dec to Jun but for various reasons, I only started in mid-April. I had about 100 hours to study from mid-April to end of May and only did some mock exams (untimed) just two days before them exam, which I got around 60%-ish. On the exam, the AM session was a disaster and I left about 20-30 points unanswered - so I am fairly confident to get a fail. But now as I get the pass result, my family and friends are mostly surprised as I told them this exam is a disaster and I’ll be retaking next year. Anyways, it is so great to have the congrats from family, friends and colleagues. This is such a good year for me. I am quite happy this is over and I will have to wait for another 2 years to become a charter holder.

3 main congrats buckets :

• those who understand the value…could not say much… guess my gain = their loss… ))

• those who don’t just said standard wishes…

• there were few who really meant it…

cynic is the man who knows the price of everything and value of nothing… OW… it is just a job nothing personal…

I visited my cousins at the seaside and now I have to take about 25 cousins to the dinner at restaurant. Supposed I will pay the bill. Better for me I didn’t say anything about passing this exam.

this is exactly what I was going to write

those who know and care, those who know and don’t care, those who don’t know and don’t care