How long off work before L3?

Only took one week off work this time versus 2 weeks for L1 and L2. Band 9 fail this time. Passed L1 and L2 first time. Is that why?

No that’s not it, and I did read your “L3 resisters who passed, how many hours did you study this time round?”… I think it’s best to let this turbulent emotion filled grieving time pass. It is really hard to be objective about our shortcomings when emotions are running wild. I think you should self assess in a few weeks when things have finally sunk in. A few AF members gave you pretty good feedback in that thread and please know that we are all here to help!

huuuh

i did 1 week also. wish i had more vacation to burn

+1

No, I don’t think so. I had three days off before L3 and stopped learning by Thursday afternoon before the exam.

If you can afford to take two weeks, I would recommend doing so. Good luck.

Didn’t take a single day and I passed. There’s no point in taking time off. If you start now (or I’d say any time before Nov 1, earlier is better of course) you’ll have plenty of time to master the material and get many practice exams under your belt.

Why waste your vacation on studying. Study smarter, not harder.

I would take time off. I took a week off and it definitely helped (mostly for memorizing formula).

2 week seems too long though

I took a week off

I took off four work days total (around the long weekend and the two days before the exam) and I felt like that was the perfect amount. Anything more and I think you run the risk of a.) burning out and b.) becoming overly reliant on that last week or two of “free” days to catch up. I know more than a few people who didn’t pass who seemed to be really banking on that last 2 weeks- its repetition that counts when studying, not cramming.

I’d say that a long weekend combined with a day or two before the exam should be plenty as long as you’ve put in the time in the months prior.

I took off 7 days from work and studied for 9 straight days including the weekends as my final push. I gave myself some generous breaks in there and was done studying by 5pm each day. Even with that, I was getting to the point of burnt-out and the last day or two was not nearly as productive as the first few. I passed, so it will say it was appropriate amount of time for me. I think 2 weeks would certainly be overkill.

I didn’t take any time off for any of the exams. If you’re well prepared, cramming for the week before the exam isn’t going to help, in my opinion. If anything, it might just exhaust you. I actually stopped studying around Wednesday and just kept myself fresh with a couple hours of practice problems in the days leading up to the exam.

2 weeks.

However, think why you need those two or so weeks at the end and how does it fit in your overall study plan. I didnt wish to leave anything to chance as it was my first and last attempt at L3. Sacrificing 2 weeks of holidays for Study is a big ask and i’d be doomed if i had failed. Luckily not!

I personally don’t subscribe to the last minute marathon cram sessions. I had 1 day off prior to level 1 and 2 and 3 days off for level 3. You should know your material well before the last week before the exam.

10 days is perfect, assuming you started in late Dec/early Jan and have been studying and practicing consistantly.

I was a re-taker with a Band 6 PY, I did not get a chance to open books until the start of May but luckliy got 4 weeks off till exams. It was a blessing otherwise I would have been screwed. I was doing almost 15 hours each day. But due to lack of time only able to test 1 AM and 2 PM mocks