Gonna miss the tests

Not really but really: I am going to miss the atmosphere of exam day. The nervous jumping on the spot that I would do in line for sign-in. The security quirks, like the random passport checks, or the fact that we have to sit around for like 45 minutes like we taxing in a plane before we can start or leave the test. The lunches - just loved seeing people happy/devistated at their morning go-at-it. The tailgate parties. The binge drink afterwards.

When does level 4 drop?

You are feeling this because you pass all three exams but I bet you will miss such enviroment if there will be level 4…

Why don’t you just write to CFAI and tell them to erase all your records so that you can start this process all over again? I wonder how will they respond to request like this?

I’ve been told that they don’t let you.

Really?

well, you may email the PCP and tell them you cheated. They will cancel out your results and your repeat the test. Then you not “Gonna miss the tests” any more!

#doit

The same refers to me Bro! This is called just adrenalin. We should obtain it by another means : )

nah… done 3 tours : Vietnam/Afghan/Iraq – democracy prevailed ! …Lol…

well there’s CIPM, CAIA, FRM, etc if you’re interested.

I don’t think it works, I guess you can get permanent suspension from taking the exam if you cheat.

Become a Proctor and you can be apart of anxiety again! I will slightly miss the studies but am going to enjoy my free time more than the studies. I would like to read other books now and spend more time with the family.

There are always things left to conquer in world, you just have to choose which are worth your time and will help you in some way… CFA is the big one…but there are others … CIPM, CAIA, FRM or something else…

I’m with you…it’s an environment unlikely any other. Global simultaneous exam once per year. I’m going to be sad if they change the test format but very glad I got to experience and overcome it.

no thank you. i have better things to do with 300 hours a year

I said the tests, guys, not the studying!

It is really strict procedure… I felt like I was going through airport security. Maybe they’ll start patting down candidates!

I remember taking my time walking out of Level 3. Wanted to savor every last minute. Not because I enjoyed it necessarily, but because (I hoped) it would be the last time I’d ever have to do something like that. Exam day is freaking crazy.

I am not sure I will miss that most nervous days before the exam. Still, the first night after the exam is always a such relief and a huge confusion in the morning, when you wake up and you dobt have to grab a book/test, which was a regular thing during the last weekends. I am still confused after passing level 3,however, I will find something to do…

You can probably volunteer and be a proctor and be on the other side of the tests, may be that might quell some of your thirst…not exactly the same…

2nd this, please let us know how ur proctor application goes

Have to agree. Test day was always nerve wracking and challenging from the minute you wake up. Convincing yourself to trust your preparation, not to stress yourself cramming a few formulas. The nerves and adrenaline always spike as soon as I enter the testing room. This year for some reason I COULD NOT SLEEP the night before the test…got exactly no sleep in my hotel room…just stared at the clock all night. Dragged my ass into the exam room, struggled to stay awake through the preamble etc. open up AM booklet and get this sinking feeling in my gut when I see the first question. I thought about it for a minute, set my pen down, and started to slide my chair out from the table to leave the testing room and figured I would come back next year. Felt like I didn’t belong there. At the last second I decided to see what the next question was, got on a roll and finished AM. At break I downed some coffee and fruit, got back in there and did PM. Managed a pass with 3/2/5 in AM and 1/2/7 in PM. There is nothing like sitting for these exams to bring out your best. Glad to be done, but I did enjoy every minute of the test days and the days leading up to the exam have always had surprises in store for me…https://www.analystforum.com/forums/cfa-forums/cfa-general-discussion/91359948