First attempt at L3 and a PASS

My key takeaway on passing L3 in first attempt:

• L2 pass candidates can most definitely crack L3 if they give it time and thought
  • Don’t register if you are not sure to give this exam your 100%. Anything below that is a waste of time for you.
  • Cutting corners/overconfidence of passing L1 & L2 - This can make you take L3 a bit lightly if you passed first two in first attempt as well.
  • Don’t ignore CFAI text completely for L3 (like i did for L1/L2). I had a late realisation that they are really good and I needed them to be prepared.
  • Last 10 or so years mocks for AM is a must as it prepares you mentally and physically (WRITING). There are stuff available online telling you which itemset is still relevant.
  • Take them under test timed conditions as much as possible and learn to skip questions after you have deliberated for a while. TIP:2014 PM exams (3 of them) are really the best!
  • Consider it a marathon that turns into a sprint during last two weeks. Peaking at right time is crucial.
  • Keep visiting this forum. Really helped me as some boarders are very knowledgeable. Your mind keeps jumping/registering across topics as questions are asked. Experience/insight shared by retakers is very useful.

I started at around Dec mid and have a full time job (incl a daughter to care for). Prepared a study plan starting mid-Dec and followed it. Last two months devoted to mocks and tests/questions wherever i can get them from. Passed with: AM 4/0/6 PM 1/1/8 (counting Ethics as two)