Good AM mock exam providers

Past CFAI exam AM questions are obviously king, curious to know if any of you that recently passed found solid AM mock exam papers to supplement.

definitely like to know as well. thanks for the post.

Past AM papers are definitely enough, go back to 10 years before.

Honestly, if you would’ve taken the more recent mocks they would’ve prepared you quite well for what was found in 2017. When they release the morning paper, you’d be shocked at how similar it is to the 2015 exam.

It goes to show that CFAI is probably your best bet at replicating the exam.

A colleague at work had prepared an excel of how topic repeat every alternate year and he had predicted with reasonable accuracy what will come in the AM, it was quite helpful. It was also helpful that what comes in AM generally doesnt come in the PM and vice versa. But these techniques should be used very close to the exam.

BPP provided three with their course materials

I will say I was NOT pleased with the Finquiz mocks that I purchased.

The Level Up Bootcamp was a major factor in helping me pass, especially when Marc taught us how to solve IPS problems.

CFAI

CFAI AM only. I did past 10 years and that’s how I was advised from previous generation.

what Flashback, TakeiFinale, and many others have said, CFAI past AM papers are the ultimate AM practice. Schweser is solid for PM, and clearly so are CFAI’s topic tests.

CFA past exams were definitely better than Schweser mocks. I skipped the Boston Society mocks for level 3 after seeing horrible quality control and 10 wrong answers in the key in 2016.

i vote for the CFA Topic Tests at levels 2 and 3. At level 3, it is less than half that are essay questions. Still, they have a pretty low error rate in the answer key, and are similar style to the actual exam.

My experience over the levels is the following error rates, including no right answer, answer key says C while the accompanying description exactly matches B, typos or questions so poorly worded you can’t tell what they want:

Boston Society mocks 5%+. I spoke with them about this and they claim to be taking steps to improve. I would be interested to hear from anyone who took their 2017 mock.

Schweser Qbank, 2-3%

Schweser mocks, 1-2%

CFA Topic Tests, ~1%

CFA Mocks, ~1%

CFA past AM, lowest of all. Only one missing clearly right alternate answer in the four years I used. There was one other confirmed mistake, I think in 2012. This is a not comparable to the other %s. All of the others were wrong solutions or even wrong questions. These were missing alternates.

Schweser live mock was decent and worth it for the exam day dry-run, but as a whole every AM mock I took from somewhere other than CFAI was pretty much garbage. between CFAI EOC, blue box questions, and past AM papers, that should keep you busy and provide enough coverage to clear the AM portion.

I agree Schweser mocks are bad. Can’t believe they decide to slack of in that part. They insist on putting GIPS in almost every AM session, it’s stupid. CFAI old papers are always the best. Schweser is good just because it’s putting pen to paper, while timing yourself, and getting material flowing through your head.

I like Schweser because they give really good answer keys for grading the AM session.