CFA 3 pass or Charterholders - avg GPA

Always curious what the avg GPA was of Charterholders or CFA three pass candidates. Googled it but found nothing so I thought I ask here.

I had 3.0 GPA over four years.

Was really sick for 1.5 years at the end. Was 4.0 for 2.5 years then pretty much failed.

3.14 gpa. I played lacrosse and had a bad leg break freshmen year which required me to go through 5 surgeries over 4 years in college. It was difficult to keep up with the class work being out so much. I definitely went through a depression stage too and slacked off, started partying a lot. I did CFA program to basically compensate for my struggles in college from 2003-2007. I recall getting a D+ in Managerial Finance, a 100 level course haha

3.6 GPA from a non-target in economics

3.9/4.0 MBA gpa, top Canadian b-school.

I went to a school that didn’t do grade Inflation. I suggest using GMAT, SAT, or ACT. Otherwise differences in subjects and schools will make the info almost impossible to interpret.

GMAT 760.

Hi MunicipalBob. I’m considering GMAT. I’d love to get into Stanford, for its location more than anything. Anywho…that’s a great score. What was your score matrix if I may ask? How do u rate GMAT vs Level 3?

2.17 and it was rounded up to the minimum 2.2 to graduate… but my school is notorious for “grade deflation”… could very be over 3.0 at s lower tier school

4.0 engineering BS/MS top 10 engineering program,'cut my teeth on an MBS desk

“top Canadian”…LOL

“Dick”

With a quant background, GMAT isn’t bad at all. Probably 100 hours practice and study. If I had studied like I did for CFA, would have done a little better.

You know what I mean though: Ivey, Rotman, Sauder, Schulich, Desautels, and Queen’s. Then there is the rest. I am not comparing Canada’s top MBAs to the US Ivy leagues obviously. Global recognition is not comparable.

Yeah bro let’s compare GPAs from different schools and different majors. Really great measuring stick

I think I had a 3.7 from a non target, but my GPA was higher if I take out the philosophies, theologies and arts that were required st my school and hurt my gpa. I passed all three tests without fail.

I hate to tell all of you harping on this, but I know people that didn’t come from the ivy league…went to state schools…and they passed all three levels the first time. I’m glad I didn’t waste my money at a top 10 in undergrad. Now, I’m in a top 10 for statistics. And guess what? My ACT, etc… would have never predicted the extent of my math abilities. Oh, and I’m a female…again, no one would have guessed. Also, didn’t pass Level II on first attempt - but I have a real job and real life. I have gotten promotions in spite of it. GPA, test scores, CFA, etc… without emotional intelligence is pretty worthless.

Amen, agree 100%