Just got approval email

Applied for membership on Wednesday following the results email on Tuesday. References were completed by Thursday and just got the email confirming my work experience was approved a few minutes ago. Paid dues and got the confirmation that I’m a charter holder 5 minutes later.

The email says “We will mail your printed charter and welcome information to your primary address in the next six to eight weeks.”

Where are you located?

im in toronto and submitted my application on Tuesday. Was approved by CFA institute by Wednesday and now still waiting on the local society to approve…which I hear takes weeks…

I’m in NYC and it seemed as though it was all approved at once (by local society and CFA). It certainly was quicker than I expected especialy given the number of people that must be doing it at the same time.

Congrats and welcome aboard.

Thank you!!!

I’m impressed it was approved over the weekend. Hopefully I get mine soon.

I need help in this …how to get work approval …you guys just put explanation online regarding your job duties ? Don’t they verify with employers ?

i think they use the references for that

For work experience I used bullets/sentences I had from my resume. For references it’s a short survey that needs to be completed along with a description of what you do.

PS I agree - was quite surprised I got the approval email over the weekend.

Thanks guys

Mine was just approved by CFAI, now I’m waiting for society review. Anybody know how long it takes for CFA LA to approve?

Submittedy completed application on Monday. Was fully approved after paying wednesday and could see my name with CFA after it by noon Wednesday. Was MUCH faster than I thought. My local society is Hartford, ct. I assume society’s who get more apps take longer.

So we also upload 2 reference letters (one cfa) ? What are they looking for reference letters ? I mean what should I tell my employer to put in refrence letter ?

I did a reference for a coworker. It’s a brief questionnaire and also a job description.

So u just get letters from co workers/employers and upload online ?

No. For the references you add your coworkers name and address. They then get an email with a link that has the questionnaire and an area to fill out what you do.

You get get an email confirming that the survey was sent and another one when they complete it.

Thank you ! So bascually they write what our job duties are ?

[quote=“cfa22”]

Thank you ! So bascually they write what our job duties are ?

[/quot

They can be past employers as well right

Anyone else still waiting in Chicago?

I am waiting in Chicago. Applied on 8/11. Heard nothing. How about you?