How can CFAI verify whether the work experiences of the candidate meet the charterholder requirement?

Guys,

I passed CFA level 3 last week, but i am not doing any investment-related position, though i’ve been working in the banking industry for 7 years. Can i still submit my work experiences to CFAI to apply for regular membership and become the CFA charterholder?

Really need your advices mate, thanks.

Best,

FK

Ask CFA Institute: info@cfainstitute.org.

Yes, you can still submit it.

I have experienced in a combination of (1) Investment Banking and (2) Corporate Finance and my application went through smoothly

Thanks for your reply.

My question is, if someone exaggerated its work duty or magnify a small part of its experiences in order to claim himself working in the investment field. How can CFAI avoid this kind of problem from happening? There are many CFA charterholders in this world, do they all meet the work experience requirements, eg. >50% of the times devoted to investment decision making for clients…?

You can take the work experience self assessment through this link https://www.cfainstitute.org/community/membership/process/Pages/work_experience_assessment.aspx

Good luck.

Was an M&A Banker for ~7 years, 1 year S&T middle office before that, and my appplication went through very smoothly.

It seems to me like your real question/motive here is to find out whether or not CFAI will catch you if you try to embellish your non-confirming work experience.

I agree. Sketchy thread.