Short of 48 Months

I am a bit short of the 48 months (maybe about 4 months), so I read somewhere that it would be easier for me to apply for affiliate membership with CFAI first, submit references, work experience descriptions etc. etc. and when I meet the 48 months requirement, I simply ‘upgrade my membership’ to Regular which will be quicker (being that everything had already been approved when I became an Affiliate member). So I went this route and just got notification that I’ve been approved for affilaite membership, but there is no indication of how much work experience months were approved when I went on my CFAI account, nor anywhere that says “upgrade membership status” which is where I’ll need to go in the next few months. Was I mistaken in this whole process? Anybody else been through this?

Make a withdrawal of affiliate membership.

Apply for a regular membership once you meet the requirements.

So it makes no sense to pay the dues now and become an affiliate member?

It makes no sense for CFA candidate awaiting for a charter to become an affiliate member.

https://www.analystforum.com/forums/cfa-forums/cfa-level-iii-forum/91314890

This thread made it seem easier and quicker to become a regular member when the time comes of meeting 48 months.

Whole process usually takes 6-7 days. I don’t understand the meaning of “quicker” in this context.