Confused on membership

I received an email that my CFA regular membership has been approved. I logged into the website and it shows I have been approved. However, where does it say I can begin using my CFA designation?

Log into www.cfainstitute.org and try to find a member – yourself. Do you see CFA after your name?

#AhaMoment

Search for yourself here: https://www.cfainstitute.org/community/membership/directory/Pages/index.aspx#section-1

If you see CFA after your name then you’re good to go and can begin using the designation. It will also show CFA after your name at the top right when you log in to your account if everything is approved and done.

Did you pay your fee? It should show “Your Name, CFA” in the top right corner when you’re good to go.

I think we found the TELL if you passed or not now!! Log in and search for yourself in directory. If you see CFA after your name, you passed! Any one else see this??

I think we need a spreadsheet to collect data…

#TeamTwoBoxes

Has anybody received a digital badge?

no, still waiting

My email just arrived this afternoon.

Got mine.

Me, too. When I woke up, this was in my inbox.

How long did it take to receive the digital badge?

How long since when?

Yesterday was distributed via e-mail link.

Approved. Local society fees not required to hold designation

I assume it’s a certain number of days after becoming a charterholder. So, since becoming charterholder.

Those of us that received the badge emails yesterday are likely like me who had membership approved and fees paid prior to the exam results, and became charterholders the day results were released. So it’s probably safe to assume it takes a week or two after official charterholder status.

^ Another reference point was Friday when CFAI informed us about charter confirmation and mentioned a badge distribution.

For badge do you have to apply separately ? Or everyone whose membership gets approved receive the badge ?

Once I submit my membership (pending one refrence right now), will they send me a link to pay for membership ?

Thanks guys. That was helpful.