Are you a charterholder and took level 1 in December 2015?

Curious. Based on the December 2015 level 1, June 2016 level 2, and June 2017 level 3 pass rates, I would assume somewhere around 10.7%

In reverse chronological:

54% x 46% 43% = 10.7%

Where do you think the retakers, year skippers, etc. etc. tilt the above calculation?

I did spreadsheets in great detail, trying to match up the numbers taking and passing at each level. I also matched to the average of 4 exams for those who were successful. Here are the results:

Of all first time takers, just under 3% pass in 18 months.

9% of Charterholders pass in 18 months.

15% of first time takers eventually pass level 3. That includes people who fail or take a break.

So does it mean thant 1.35% of first time takers end up passing exams in 18 months?

About 3% of first time takers pass all 3 in 18 months. A similar number start Level 1 in June and pass in 24 months.

I am one of the 3%. Seems remarkable, but in the end, doesn’t mean anything. Same designation at the end of the day. I took L1 in Dec 15.

I am also one of the 3%. I was in a class for Level 1 that started with 35 people. It had 27 for the last couple of classes. I recognized about 10 of them in the Level 2 class. Of course, some people didn’t sit for the Level 1 exam. They wouldn’t be in my calculations anywhere. I didn’t do a level 3 class.

I have not yet confirmed any of the other people from my Level 1 class also passed Level 3 18 months later. I was at a local event yesterday where I was hoping to see some of them, but did not. So from my limited sample, this appears to be a reasonable 3%.

i almost feel guilty about it. Almost.

Level 1 Dec 15 here as well

I sat for Level 1 in Dec 2015 too, but I am not a charter holder.

oh, my calculation was 3 for 3 in 18 months, not necessarily CFA. Some people have to wait for experience.

I did. Level 1 Dec 2015 here.

I would guess that a higher percentage of analystforum candidates pass in 18 months just due to the “seriousness” of the analystforum folks and overall higher passing rate compared to the general population.

What do you think the pass rate from Dec Level 1 Exam -> Following June Level 2 Exam is?

i am also one of the few, the proud, the Dec 15 LI to 2017 charterholder population.

Agree. Probably I wouldn’t do so with no support of this forum. This forum is, imo, of more help than any boot camp and any third party provider but many simply do not recognize this fact and are not active.

Sat for Level 1 in Dec 2015 here!

as best I can tell, about 12% of the people who take Level 1 in Dec pass that and the Level 2 exam the following June. About 17% pass both in the first attempt, some take a year off in between.

I also did it. Honestly, it’s great to have it done with and out of my life in a short period of time, but it really doesn’t feel that cool otherwise. No one cares at the end of the day.

Stop being too modest… on a second thought folks who take a break have to jump an extra hoop to recoup…

Agree. Probably I wouldn’t do so with no support of this forum. This forum is, imo, of more help than any boot camp and any third party provider but many simply do not recognize this fact and are not active.

[/quote]

Nope :slightly_smiling_face: