When are you going to start studying?

Started in mid December for level 3. Just the thought of starting in September would have been demoralising!

Revision is futile......

Save 10% on a Schweser CFA Premium Package when you order by September 29, 2017.

TooDavistated wrote:

Everyone is different, … Don’t stress on when to start and just focus on the startegy that fits you. Everyone is different.

+1

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." -Viktor Frankl

+1

Flashback wrote:
  • Eat regularly.
  • Sleep well.
  • Make a love often.

Thus, NO burn-out.

It’s a weird thing what human can bear when is forced to do so.

46% in 2017 tend to agree..

Black8Mamba23 wrote:

TooDavistated wrote:

Everyone is different, … Don’t stress on when to start and just focus on the startegy that fits you. Everyone is different.

+1

Plan to start September 18th.  Two hours a day every day (hopefully).  If you have a full time job I don’t see how you can possibly start in January and expect to do well!  

Started in April. full time job. 

Can be done. 

Never mattered when you start. Only matters what you can remember in the exam which is largely dependent on last 2 weeks’s work imo. 

financenoob wrote:

Never mattered when you start. 

I don’t think so. You’re an outlier.

Gone fishing...

started up last week actually. 2 readings a week in cfai (easier said than done) means you’ll finish by december/early January from this current time-frame.

Level 3 is kinda like going to a buffet and getting more food than you can finish. Quitting and throwing it away hurts more than if you just sit down and finish it. - VWJETTY

Unless you’re a hermit who is allergic to people-to-people contact (including with family), you will find you will have several unavoidable family/social commitments throughout the year taking up large chunks of time. Furthermore, expect a lot of these engagements to be on public holidays (esp if you’re married with small kids!)  Hence, taking these factors into account, there is really no substitute for starting early. Exam this year was start of June and I started beginning of August. (I passed)

I started both L1 and L2 around mid-Feb but gotta say I felt extremely behind couple of weeks before the exam. Did really well in L1 but L2 was okay (1 below 50, couple between 50-70 and half above 70).

I do not wish to go through this pressure again so will probably try to start in mid-Nov this year for L3. Using Schweser.

sray23 wrote:

Unless you’re a hermit who is allergic to people-to-people contact (including with family), you will find you will have several unavoidable family/social commitments throughout the year taking up large chunks of time. Furthermore, expect a lot of these engagements to be on public holidays (esp if you’re married with small kids!)  Hence, taking these factors into account, there is really no substitute for starting early. Exam this year was start of June and I started beginning of August. (I passed)

That’s the point. Expect unpredictable events. Although, I’m a hermit but couldn’t avoid those.

Gone fishing...

Just out of curiosity, how long did you study for L1 and L2, and how pressured/relaxed did you find yourself starting in mid-Dec for L3?