Those who applied for charter after getting results , how long did it take for approval?

I submitted my membership application yesterday and awaiting approvals. Can someone please let me know:

1. How long will CFAI usually take for approval?

2. How long will the society usually take for approval?

Had anyone got approved in the last few days? When did you submit the application?

My work experience was approved by the CFAI within a couple of days. I am still waiting for the society approval.

In the meantime, I think I changed my mind about the society. Does anyone know whether it is possible to apply for two societies in parallel, and after getting the approvals decide which one to join?

I applied for charter on 13 th Aug, my references verified the experience on 14th August. I received email confirmation from CFAI on 15th August. Was pretty fast.

CFAI approved within two days, the society took a week.

I just got my references - do you pay the CFAI after receiving approval for membership, please?

Also joining a local society is optional, right? Thank you in advance

Yes, payment of fees to CFAI (mandatory) and Society (optional) are made only after work experience is approved.

thank you - and congrats on your level III :+1:

Nope. I think you would have to withdraw your application and begin all over (though you would not need the references again as they stay). Best check and report back … I may need to do the same :slight_smile:

I tried in parallel. I was accepted by one society, but I applied for another (still without paying fees to the society - although I paid the fee for CFAI and was accepted within several days). We’ll see what happens :slight_smile:

Applied for regular membership on Aug 15. CFAI approved my work experience on Aug 16, and local society (DC) approved the next morning. Paid my dues, submitted professional conduct statement, and became a charterholder (website directory updated immediately, received confirmation email of charter award) on Aug 17. It happened much faster than I anticipated.

I applied on 17th and have not heard anything since. Both my Institute and Society applications say “Work Experience Review”, my Institute entry says 48 months submitted experience and zero approved, and my Society says zero submitted and zero approved,

^ I applied on 17th Aug too and in the same boat. Will post here as soon as I hear back.

Maybe the relevant person at CFAI has taken a vacation. Maybe that’s why s/he was working the working the weekend after the results came out!

Hope it’s a vacation and not resignation :slight_smile:

Looks like neither - I just got an approval emai…

Hearty Congratulations! Hope I receive mine today too!

Which society is yours btw?

Thanks. Best of luck and fingers crossed for you today. UK here…

Submitted everything on the 17th and am waiting as well! Good luck to all.

FYI to all … applied on 8/11 , CFAI approved pretty quickly, Chicago approved on 8/21. . Called Chicago and they said they review once a week which I guess is every Monday. Base on that, after CFAI approval, a luckiest person can get approval from Chicago in a day, the unlucky one probably 7 days