Those who applied for charter after getting results , how long did it take for approval?

Study2pass wrote:

Finally the wait is over! Both CFAI and NYC society have approved my work experience today. I’m now a Charterholder! 

Applied on 17th Aug

Approved on 29th Aug (9 business days)

Good stuff! You beat me to it ;) Waiting on CFA Van now, should be next week

Save 10% on a Schweser CFA Premium Package when you order by September 29, 2017.

Applied on the day results came out. CFAI approved work exp in days but still waiting for Los Angeles society approval. 

CFA Passed Level III and CAIA Charterholder

SG check now. Mine is done. I can see those 3 letters after coughing $432 in total. 

kgsgp wrote:

SG check now. Mine is done. I can see those 3 letters are coughing $432 in total. 

yes done! 

"It always seems impossible until it's done"

Shun - Good luck! Keep me posted mate.

I submitted on 8/22, and still in CFAI Work Experience Review, 9 days already, isn’t that step supposed to be closed out up to 10 days ? Looks have to continue the waiting.

Got mine approved too! Congrats michelin and kgsgp!   

Congrats Onein140000 :) and michelin

submitted on the 10th, approved on the 29th

Congrats to you all !!

Applied 8/28, work experience approved by CFAI just now. Goes to local society now.

Edit: Scratch that they approved as well. Its officially over! Now to be an annuity for the CFAI for life!

'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. And a donut with no hole, is a danish'

Applied on Aug 14 - approved by CFA Inst. the next day, waiting on Toronto CFA Society since then… my guess i will get something by next week.

indxcdn wrote:

Applied on Aug 14 - approved by CFA Inst. the next day, waiting on Toronto CFA Society since then… my guess i will get something by next week.

I submitted on Aug 24 to CFAI and Toronto Society. There some delays by one of my reference and a glitch by CFAI where they didn’t recognize that one of the reference was from a CFA charterholder from the same local society. CFAI approved work exp on Aug 28. Waiting for Toronto Society to approve. I am really hoping that I didn’t miss the previous review meeting and have to wait another 3 weeks. 

When do CFA Toronto usually meet to review the applications? i read they meet on Wednesday, any idea when was the last review? 

will660 wrote:

indxcdn wrote:

I submitted on Aug 24 to CFAI and Toronto Society. There some delays by one of my reference and a glitch by CFAI where they didn’t recognize that one of the reference was from a CFA charterholder from the same local society. CFAI approved work exp on Aug 28. Waiting for Toronto Society to approve. I am really hoping that I didn’t miss the previous review meeting and have to wait another 3 weeks. 

I’ve been waiting on the Toronto Society since August 8……I e-mailed them before and they told me their meeting was on August 23 and I should hear back within 2-4 business days. It’s now been 7 business days and nothing. Not sure what they’re doing. 

markol wrote:

will660 wrote:

indxcdn wrote:

I’ve been waiting on the Toronto Society since August 8……I e-mailed them before and they told me their meeting was on August 23 and I should hear back within 2-4 business days. It’s now been 7 business days and nothing. Not sure what they’re doing. 

I know this waiting period is horrible, first exam results and now this. I think CFA Toronto is slowest, they usually mail out on following Tuesdays post review meeting, so my best guess is Sept 5. If I get something will surely post here.

indxcdn wrote:

markol wrote:

will660 wrote:

indxcdn wrote:

I know this waiting period is horrible, first exam results and now this. I think CFA Toronto is slowest, they usually mail out on following Tuesdays post review meeting, so my best guess is Sept 5. If I get something will surely post here.

This is brutal - can’t imagine waiting for so long. hang in there, life on the other side is about the same

5 days in addition after CFAI approved?

Same here. submitted on Aug 8, and still waiting. 

Ridiculous - still waiting on Toronto Society.

My Decision Days only has 3 days remaining.

markol wrote:

I called CFA Toronto society last friday.. they have a pretty standard reply - ’ we are reviewing the applications, you should hear back from us by end of next week.’ 

indxcdn wrote:

markol wrote:

I called CFA Toronto society last friday.. they have a pretty standard reply - ’ we are reviewing the applications, you should hear back from us by end of next week.’ 

I guess its back to refreshing the member application page every couple of hours until it changes…..

I’m in the same boat… 3 decision days remaining… 

It’s really frustrating…not sure what’s wrong with Toronto… they said the same to me, originally they were meeting on the 23rd to review applications and should hear within 2-4 days…  called them at the end of last week and now its apparently the end of this week at the earliest… 

When the decision days run out, CFAI will automatically approve so I guess there’s that… 

huss3 wrote:

I’m in the same boat… 3 decision days remaining… 

It’s really frustrating…not sure what’s wrong with Toronto… they said the same to me, originally they were meeting on the 23rd to review applications and should hear within 2-4 days…  called them at the end of last week and now its apparently the end of this week at the earliest… 

When the decision days run out, CFAI will automatically approve so I guess there’s that… 

Oh are you sure about decision days running out, CFAI will automatically approve? Okay, so latest it’ll be for me is Friday if the Toronto Society doesn’t get their act together by then - which I don’t think they will given their history.  

I emailed CFAI last week, and they said

“ Our records indicate that there are approximately 9 decision days remaining for your application. You can expect to receive a decision from CFA Institute within 1-2 business days after this time frame expires. Please be advised that local society membership is not required to earn or maintain your CFA charter. Therefore, if you have been approved for membership with CFA Institute but the local society still has not given a decision after 12 September, you may still activate your CFA Institute membership to earn your charter.”

thats good to know. Thanks for sharing this. 

huss3 wrote:

“ Our records indicate that there are approximately 9 decision days remaining for your application. You can expect to receive a decision from CFA Institute within 1-2 business days after this time frame expires. Please be advised that local society membership is not required to earn or maintain your CFA charter. Therefore, if you have been approved for membership with CFA Institute but the local society still has not given a decision after 12 September, you may still activate your CFA Institute membership to earn your charter.”

although this does bring up the question, why then do we have to wait the 30 days in the first place if the local society membership is not required. If their approval is not required, can’t we just pay the membership fee now and get on with it? it’s not making much sense right now. 

huss3 wrote:

My application says 0 days remaining. (Toronto)

Los Angeles sucks too. I’m at 5 decision days remaining.

I think CFA Institute will by-pass the local society review, and give you the option to pay the dues and earn the charter (but not sure if you need to take some action). I don’t have much hope from CFA Toronto either, currently at 8 days.

I just emailed CFA. Let’s see what happens.