LOWEST pass scores - post your 'I can't believe I passed' results here.

How low will they go?

We’ve seen the threads for posting your results, and you can page through that to find the lowest, but I thought I would start a thread for the very lowest scores which ended up with a “PASS”.

Use the format of #of topics <=50%, 51%-70%, >70%, for AM and for PM.

Here - let me start:

AM: 7, 1, 2

PM: 1, 4, 4

I sh*t you not. That reads: AM - 70% of the topics scored less than 50%. Holy bejesus.

Did you leave any of the AM questions blank?

No blanks - I guessed the first one, but not blank - but many were likely completely illegible as I was frantic trying to get done and my writing sucked as result.

I have heard from people who served as graders that handwriting is not often a penalty. If one person is having difficulty reading it, they hand it to another grader. If none of them can read it, you have a problem. If one is able to say “that word is ‘uncorrelated’” or whatever you wrote, and the other graders agree, no problem.

Language barrier for some + handwriting = killer combination for AM session. I mean one might at least lose full points and earn only partial credit.

Exactly, AM is combination of knowledge of material + writing skills. Also, add brutal race with time shortage and that’s it. Many end up with partial credit only.

400hours had a worse one.

AM: 6,3,1

PM: 1,4,4

Essay Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% 1 Alternative Investments 19 - * - 2 Portfolio Management - Institutional 22 * - - 3 Portfolio Management - Performance Eval. 15 * - - 4 Portfolio Management - Individual 15 - * - 5 Portfolio Management - Indiv/Behavioral 15 - - * 6 Portfolio Management - Individual 22 - * - 7 Economics 14 * - - 8 Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 20 * - - 9 Fixed Income Investments 21 * - - 10 Portfolio Management - Risk Management 17 * - -

Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Economics 18 - - * - Equity Investments 18 - * - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 18 - - * - Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 18 - * - - Portfolio Management - Individual 18 - * - - Portfolio Management - Monitor&Rebalance 18 - - * - Portfolio Management - Performance Eval. 18 * - - - Portfolio Management - Risk Management 18 - * -

^i think your AM is 6,3,1 but that is still am impressive one.

Mine is not the worst but certainly validates that terrible feeling that I had coming out of that exam. Felt like I was guessing like 1 out of 4 questions in the PM, most of which I filled in with the same answer ( b ) because randomness, amirite?

AM: 5,3,2

PM: 2,2,5 (ethics > 70)

AM: 3/4/3 PM: 5/0/4

still not quite sure how I passed

AM: 5/4/1

PM: 2/2/5

Not as bad as some of the other folks but personally I consider 5 <=50%s in the morning to be pretty dissappointing.

Went 5/4/1 on morning failed institutional, fixed income, and asset allocation. All big sections, only > 70 was behavioural finance.

went 0/3/6 on afternoon, got > 70 on ethics too.

Still cant believe i passed failing 3 very large sections on morning

i don’t get how i didn’t pass

AM 6/3/1

PM 1/1/7

Ethics > 70%

Essay

Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% 1 Alternative Investments 19 * - - 2 Portfolio Management - Institutional 22 - * - 3 Portfolio Management - Performance Eval. 15 * - - 4 Portfolio Management - Individual 15 * - - 5 Portfolio Management - Indiv/Behavioral 15 - - * 6 Portfolio Management - Individual 22 - * - 7 Economics 14 * - - 8 Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 20 * - - 9 Fixed Income Investments 21 - * - 10 Portfolio Management - Risk Management 17 * - -

Item Set

Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Economics 18 - - * - Equity Investments 18 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 18 - * - - Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 18 - - * - Portfolio Management - Individual 18 - - * - Portfolio Management - Monitor&Rebalance 18 - - * - Portfolio Management - Performance Eval. 18 * - - - Portfolio Management - Risk Management 18 - - *

We have divided the group of candidates who did not pass into 10 approximately equal score bands. Your score band below shows how your overall score on the exam compares with the overall scores of candidates who did not pass this exam. For example, a score band of 1 indicates performance in the bottom 10%, a score band of 10 indicates performance in the top 10%. Your score band: 10

This year Pass:

morning: 5/4/1 (an entire question left blank)

afternoon: 0/3/6

Last year Fail Band 9:

morning : 6/3/1

afternoon: 1/3/5

The differing factor- ethics in pm…

Looks like you just barely squeaked by this year…

#congrats

It’s disappointing to see some of the matrices that got through. Makes me feel like they should have dropped the pass rate to 51%-52%. It seems to devalue the charter to perform so poorly and pass. Caveat I guess is that you don’t have transparency on how far below 50 for the AM so some of these could look worse than they truly are.

AM: 6/1/3

PM: 3/3/3 (Ethics >70%)

Did u pass?