how to ask CFA Institute to Include my full name

dear all

Just a questions "How to ask CFA institute to include my full name on the degree: first name, father’s name, last name?

thank you

Your CFA account name has to match the name listed on your passport, and cannot be changed without ordering a passport with the name you want listed for your CFA account (they will not change it without a matching passport, even after you’ve passed all three exams … I checked).

I would presume the name they print on the charter is the same as the name listed on your account and CFA profile, but I don’t know if you can request a different name to be printed. Honestly, I highly doubt it. Their name policy appears to be pretty strict. I simply wanted my middle initial instead of full middle name listed on my account profile but they will not change it without a matching passport, and my passport has my full middle name.

Still, you can send an email to info@cfainstitute.org and ask about the charter certificate.

I would also like so. Whenever I give my card I would leave impression like a country blues singer. JJ Cale, CFA.

You can name yourself Mickey Mouse, CFA as long as you can prove it is you…

Not to be that guy, but CFAI makes it pretty clear the charter is not a “degree”…

the charter must match your legal name on passport… you can use a nickname on business card/ linkedin whatever