Help in AM portion of level 3 exam

Hello all,

I am stuck with the level 3 exam and I do not know what to do. If i decide to give another try for sure I will hire a external grader to grade and give feedback about myhandwriting (I do not now if the problem is ineligible handwriting, write too much, leaving outside master key words) but if you see my exam matrix (6/10 below 50%) I know that I need some help with this portion of the exam. Could you please guys give some advice of external graders with positive feedback ?. I have found Darren Miller and analyst ninja web sites that provides such services but I do not If there are more people offering that service.

Thanks to all

I have passed L3 this year at the 3rd try. The AM essay is my difficult portion too, I have 5/10 below 50% this year. In my experience, Schweser Notes can help me in finding key words in each topics through their well-organized contents so external grader may not necessary. You should learn by heart those key words to write down quickly in the morning, try to make your answers as short as possible (bullet points can be considered).

I am not sure about external graders but IFT has essay exam videos that takes you through the whole exam question by question and how to solve them

Marc’s Lefebvre’s class was very helpful for the AM portion! I took the approach of redoing all of the past AMs until my eyes were bleeding. This helped me cement the lCFAI style logic so by the time the exam came, writing it in the format they wanted was almost 2nd nature.

Do the LevelUp boot camp… Failed the first time (terrible morning score) even though I felt well prepared. After Marc’s class and videos I did very well on the AM portion because of him.

I would spend a significant amount of time doing the previous morning exams from CFAI; however, you need to ensure that you are not neglecting the afternoon portion as well. Most people have trouble in the morning, the people who pass the exam are the ones who compensate with a strong afternoon.

I’ve tutored a number of Level III candidates in both the morning and afternoon sessions.

I’m in the same position. What i don’t understand is that I feel like my PM section would be enough to pass, but i didn’t. below are my results. i’m debating whether it’s worth trying again. this would be my 3rd attempt altough i’ll admit the first time i didn’t investment nearly as much time as I should’ve.

AM 6/3/1

PM 1/1/7

Ethics > 70%

Essay

Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% 1 Alternative Investments 19 * - - 2 Portfolio Management - Institutional 22 - * - 3 Portfolio Management - Performance Eval. 15 * - - 4 Portfolio Management - Individual 15 * - - 5 Portfolio Management - Indiv/Behavioral 15 - - * 6 Portfolio Management - Individual 22 - * - 7 Economics 14 * - - 8 Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 20 * - - 9 Fixed Income Investments 21 - * - 10 Portfolio Management - Risk Management 17 * - -

Item Set

Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Economics 18 - - * - Equity Investments 18 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 18 - * - - Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 18 - - * - Portfolio Management - Individual 18 - - * - Portfolio Management - Monitor&Rebalance 18 - - * - Portfolio Management - Performance Eval. 18 * - - - Portfolio Management - Risk Management 18 - - *

We have divided the group of candidates who did not pass into 10 approximately equal score bands. Your score band below shows how your overall score on the exam compares with the overall scores of candidates who did not pass this exam. For example, a score band of 1 indicates performance in the bottom 10%, a score band of 10 indicates performance in the top 10%. Your score band: 10

I did not do the PM portion great (3/3/4) especially due to ethics and GIPS ( I estimate 8 mistakes on both sections that for sure I must improve to pass the exam) and silly mistakes that brought 2 more sections under 50% band.

The problem is that I do not live in USA so it it difficult to take that classes.

Thx for your answer

Smagician2000 I have sent you a private message

Thx