Get approved working experience before taking the level 3 exam

I have already cumulated 4 years experiences. Can I get my working experience approved now? (It seems that someone in this forum said he did this and he become CFA charterholder just after succeeding the level 3 exam.)

yes you can

I did this. I submitted my experience about a year ago. I had email confirmation that I was awarded the charter within 30 minutes of paying my dues.

yes I did

wish I would have done this. waiting for local society 26 days remaining

I took the exam and then 2 weeks later applied for the membership…

You could choose to get the membership approved now but not “activate” it by signing the PCS and paying the dues until after you pass the Level III.

Exactly what I did and well worth it. I was awarded the charter as soon as I passed, dues were paid and PCS signed. No waiting at all.

Thanks all. I sent my application for the regular membership today and received the approval 4 hours later.

“Congratulations! You have been approved for regular membership. Activate now to begin enjoying member benefits, including access to career postings in JobLine, webcasts featuring industry leaders, and respected publications like CFA Magazine. Please note that the membership year is 1 July through 30 June. Visit our website to learn more about the membership year and dues. …”

As meddler78 said, I’ll activate the membership after passing the level III next year (I hope I’ll succeed :wink: )