Please mention changes accurately

Hi

I am going to be third year repeater and have started my prep as i will have 3 months of gap before i take up past year mocks extensively. I am not going to enroll until i reach last deadline and hence wont be accessed to CFA books and its material.Kindly mention accurately are there any changes in 2018 up to Reading 13? I came across many online writeup where they have mentioned changes 2017 v/s 2018 but i want to double check with people who have started studies and possess CFA books .

I think the changes you see online are correct. But why do you wait until the deadline to register? You have decided to sit in 2018 anyway.

FYI, a link to the changes: https://www.efficientlearning.com/cfa/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2017/07/CFA_Level3_2018_curriculum_updates.pdf

Why? You are going to pay more at the later date and you will not be 100% committed. This is a mistake. Register now and study or don’t register now and take a break.

register now. commit and get the discount. the changes seem significant, get the updated curriculum now

agree with the sentiments above. Register and read from the new curriculum.

do not skimp by not getting the books, trying to read from the electronic version, etc. etc.

use the original CFA material, register, pay the extra 150$ get the hard copy books and use them to study.

Actually i am more than 100 % committed right now as i have started my prep full fledged. However i will be delivering a baby in Nov end and only after making sure i can deal with studies and baby (second ) both together i want to spend money. And i want to make sure before November i finish all the study that’s a repeat of 2017 and practice extensively too meanwhile.

That’s probably where the problem lies. You should concentrate on the 2017 curriculum and not the 2018 changes. The fact that you failed two times means you should look backwards for answers, not forward. Find your weaknesses and work on them. Not before November, but all the way through May.

Thats the definition of not being 100% committed, you are unsure if you want to take the exam this time around or delay and there is NOT anything wrong with that. Life happens and sometimes things get in the way and will delay your goals (e.g. having a baby). From personal experience I will say that studying will only get harder as your kid gets older. It is a lot easier when they are babies to study for 16 hours on the weekends, but when the kids are asking where’s [Daddy / Mommy] it is significantly harder to focus.

If is female is bad situation doesn’t matter how old are kids.

Babies = breastfeeding. Older kids = annoyance and hassle.

If a father is concerned, he can run away by moving the kids to the mom, of course, if his spouse agrees to such a role.

I couldn’t agree more to this as i have experienced it with my first one.

I couldn’t agree more to this as i have experienced it with my first one.