L3 Note Strategies

Hi All, I was looking thru the forums and didn’t notice anything that directly related to the following. If you do have links to a prior topic similar to this I would love to read it.

• How are you organizing notes?
  • Is this organization related to improving any particular area like constructed response, or something else?
  • Is this approach time intensive? This is incase future readers find this helpful for L3, but may be starting later in the year.
  • Are you attempting to employ any elements spaced repetition in your note structure for review? This question isn’t limited to spaced repetition.
  • How do you use this note structure?

I have not quite figured out my approach to note taking this year. Notes have been hit or miss for over the last two years, and I think that comes down to me not being an effective note taker. L1 - Multiple notebooks full cover to cover. L2 - Less than half a notebook. The focus was practice tests and problems.

Looking forward to hearing everyone’s thoughts and style.

This is personal thing. Use approach what brought you a pass on the previous exams. Level III is less calculation intensive but, imo, is quite harder to prepare hand written notes because you should master almost each and any concept to be full ready for AM.

I did notecards and felt aside from the repetition involved in writing them reviewing them wasnt particularly helpful like it was in L1 & L2. You need to memorize fewer formulas in L3, but you need to understand certain topics (retirement stuff etc etc) that are totally case by case basis and note cards dont help for that.