Framing your charter (My society is paying)

Just wondering who all is going to frame your charter? I haven’t physically received mine but got an email from the local society saying they pay for charters to get framed. Do all societies do this, or is mine unique?

Which society are you with? I just recently got approved by CFA Toronto but haven’t received any communication as of yet.

I’m with CFA Winnipeg

I think only those who get a couple of members added annually can afford that. Doubt my San Francisco society will go that far.

just like real life… the wealthiest people are the stingiest

That’s nice. How much is your local membership fee and how many members?

“Which society are you with? I just recently got approved by CFA Toronto but haven’t received any communication as of yet.”

Would you be able to tell how long it took from the date of application to the Society to approve it. I’m with Toronto too and it now says “under Review - society”.

And Congrats on the Charter!

$50 membership fee. Society has “over 240 members”.

Applied on August 9th and CFAI approved the day after. Waited the full 30 days for CFA Toronto and was just sent the default approval email from CFAI bypassing the society as they had not yet approved. Paid the dues to CFAI and I checked my membership application the following day on the CFA website and CFA Toronto had also approved. Didn’t receive an email from them though. Just paid the dues online.

your membership fee was $50? NYC society was like $200 its ridiculous

This is not ridiculous. High society has its costs and its benefits. If I was there, I’d choose NYC society as well.