Which SS fall under which topic area in regards to weight?

Looking at the link here: https://www.cfainstitute.org/programs/cfaprogram/exams/Pages/exam_topic_area_weights.aspx

It has the weights for the topics but I’m not sure which SS actually fall under there. It says Equity has a weight of 5-15% but I only see 1 reading for Equity. Same with Economics. It seems much more disorganized than L1 and L2 as those you knew exactly which reading fell into which topic.

This is because of specific mix of readings in L3 curriculum. You’ll find equity, derivatives, economics etc. under other topics such as Asset allocation for example not only under origin topic which was the case on L1 and L2.

So how would I know which readings fall under which weight? For L2 I had to focus less on the low weighted readings towards the end but here I don’t know which readings would fall under the low weighted topics.

Just read it all 2x, including GIPS.

#goodluck

On L3 isn’t smart strategy to focus less on anything. Almost everything is important if you won’t nasty surprises. Check the weight of overall portfolio management topic any you’ll find everything is packed there once more, equities, econ, derivatives, fixed income…

Hashtag is correct, nothing to add, except, for those who started early, maybe even 3 readings through Schweser make sense. 2 times ex ante and once ex post hard practicing to nail it.

I definitely don’t plan on focusing less on anything but if there’s a week left and I can only focus on say 3 readings out of 6 I don’t understand as well I’d obviously focus on the higher weighted ones. I already started so I’ll be able to go through it a few times but I’m just planning for if I don’t get enough time to do my full desired studying and will need to focus on the heavy weighted topics in the final stretch.

Don’t think like that. Remember, now you’re competing against those who have already passed CFA Level II. And from that pool of test takers, only half of you will pass the 2018 exam.

With one week to go, you should be concentrating your efforts on reviewing notes/flashcards and prior AM exam questions – not trying to gain a better understanding on certain sections. That should’ve already completed back in April.

#TrustYouMe