Passed CFA level 3, work as car radio software engineer

I passed CFA level 3 exam in June 2017 , this year. I search for finance jobs for 3 months, couldn’t find any.

I am a software engineer for 15 years, so i go back to work as car radio software engineer to support myself.

CFA level 3 qualifications is useless to me now.

The best time to look for a new job is always during the first 2-3 months of the New Year.

#TrustYouMe

I sincerely hope that you would get that finance job that you want but I think many people have the wrong idea when it comes to CFA. It could potentially open up doors but like anything else there is no guarantee that just because you’ve passed L3 you’ll get that dream job. Don’t be disappointed, even IF for whatever reason you don’t get that relevant work experience, you have learnt something that you wouldn’t have.

What’s wrong with software engineering? It might be more interesting and better paid than many positions within Finance sector.

You might link both and develop some financial software or module.

I will never get the CFA charter if i continue to work in software engineering.

Very well, i am looking for position in financial software.

bravo cfai

I’m in operations. Not sure if we are in the same boat. Just passed mine this year.

@jep881, Yeah, I passed mine this year.

Can you apply for CFA charter?

im in operations too. been here for 3 years already on top of my old position which is al operations. not sure how/when the cfa will pay off but they definitely nabbed a few thousand dollars off me already so props to them!

I’m a chemistry instructor who just passed level II and was just hired to teach a masters level alternative investments course. It’s for a 1 year masters of finance (MFin) program geared towards helping people pass the CFA exams. The money is way better than in chemistry too. CFA is definitely worth it as far as I can tell.

I’m sure the students will be delighted with the credentials of their new instructor, the person tasked with guiding them through the notoriously difficult curriculum:

• Spent at least 7 hours looking at alternative investments
  • Great at chemistry

Money well spent.

same questions. What are you gonna put down on the job description to apply for CFA charter ?

Just wondering if it counts the experience.

#terminated