starting this week...

plan on using schweser exclusively, which book should i start with?

i have heard mixed things. 

Success starts with Schweser. Study packages designed to fit any lifestyle.

I went with the given order. Worked for me. This is one of those things that tends to get overthought. Getting started is more important than spending time worrying about the correct order.

Caldefredo wrote:

Getting started is more important than spending time worrying about the correct order.

+1, sounds like good advice to me. The only thing I did different is skip ethics and jump straight into BF, will circle back to ethics at the end.

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." -Viktor Frankl

2nd attempt of L3 so started with Risk Management readings last week

I generally went in order as well with the one exception being GIPS.  I did that right after Ethics.  Just seems to go together to me versus sticking it all the way at the end. 

Also, to me, Ethics isn’t so bad as you should recognize the material as it’s pretty much a rehash.  Should allow to you get into the groove of things. 

THE_REAL_Black_Knight wrote:

I generally went in order as well with the one exception being GIPS.  I did that right after Ethics.  Just seems to go together to me versus sticking it all the way at the end. 

Also, to me, Ethics isn’t so bad as you should recognize the material as it’s pretty much a rehash.  Should allow to you get into the groove of things. 

GIPS are more related to performance attribution and is in sequently order after this reading.IMO, all readings in curriculum are placed in right order.  Ethics is exactly the same as L2 Ethics and might be left for the end of studying phase. Just my tip.

More related to Ethics is BF and is in sequent order after Ethics. Some of those concepts are very overlapping. Ya’ll see on Mocks.

Gone fishing...

I did it in order. Just Kaplan, never looked at the CFA books for L3 (I did for L1 & L2)

Going to be my 2nd attempt, failed 2016 Band 10; starting with Risk/Derivatives this weekend. 

Studied only with Kaplan and it was enough IMHO. Was a little unhinged on exam day, even though I knew the material quite well; and don’t blame Schweser