starting this week...

plan on using schweser exclusively, which book should i start with?

i have heard mixed things.

I went with the given order. Worked for me. This is one of those things that tends to get overthought. Getting started is more important than spending time worrying about the correct order.

+1, sounds like good advice to me. The only thing I did different is skip ethics and jump straight into BF, will circle back to ethics at the end.

2nd attempt of L3 so started with Risk Management readings last week

I generally went in order as well with the one exception being GIPS. I did that right after Ethics. Just seems to go together to me versus sticking it all the way at the end.

Also, to me, Ethics isn’t so bad as you should recognize the material as it’s pretty much a rehash. Should allow to you get into the groove of things.

GIPS are more related to performance attribution and is in sequently order after this reading.IMO, all readings in curriculum are placed in right order. Ethics is exactly the same as L2 Ethics and might be left for the end of studying phase. Just my tip.

More related to Ethics is BF and is in sequent order after Ethics. Some of those concepts are very overlapping. Ya’ll see on Mocks.

I did it in order. Just Kaplan, never looked at the CFA books for L3 (I did for L1 & L2)

Going to be my 2nd attempt, failed 2016 Band 10; starting with Risk/Derivatives this weekend.

Studied only with Kaplan and it was enough IMHO. Was a little unhinged on exam day, even though I knew the material quite well; and don’t blame Schweser.

I am starting today…will use schweser completely for CFA Level 3 as I had used schweser only and not CFAI books for the past 2 levels.

What do you guys think will I be able to pass this time??? This is my first attempt of CFA L3 and I passed both Level 1 & 2 in first attempt but i was not working full time at that time.

Now I have a full time job and only 5 full months to prepare for L3, what do you guys think…should i register for the June 2018 exam and start studying or give L3 next year. Basically i am asking is L3 doable in 5 months with a full time job (55 to 60 hours per week - Monday to Friday)???

Please advise. I think I can devote 30 hours per week including weekends so that is 30*22 weeks = 660 hours for Level 3.

My opinion: 30 hours per week seems like a lot when combined with working 55 to 60 hours per week. I’ve been studying for the exams with a full time job plus two young children and have come to realize how important exercise, eating well and general mental well being are. 660 seems like overkill so I would use at least 200 of those hours for other activities aimed to improve your general well being. That’ll pay dividends when you challenge such a mentally demanding exam.