CFA III exam weighting

Hi everyone,

I am aware of the weights by topics for CFA III as shown here:

https://www.cfainstitute.org/programs/cfaprogram/exams/Pages/exam_topic_area_weights.aspx

However, what is unclear to me is where the various readings fit into the various topic areas. For example, where does Behavioral Finance fit within? Would it be in Portfolio Management and Wealth Planning?

Is there a way to map the various Study Sessions in the reading materials to the Topic Areas mentioned in the website above?

Thank you.

The following topics count as Portfolio Management (fall into the 40-55% range):

Individual, Institutional, Behavioural Finance, Asset allocation, Trading monitoring and rebalancing, Performance evaluation (including GIPS)

Thanks for the reply. May I know how you know this? I would like to check out the breakdown for all topics. Reason is that I intend to skip certain topics that I believe I am weak in and am prepared to master the remainder.

Thanks.

When you’re studying next year you should have time to master the ones you skip this year.

If you average the topic weights for the past 6 years, all the content topic areas are between 9-13% of overall score (ex. PM-Indiv. which is 15%) - so study it all my friend.