Question about material specific to 1 country.

Going through the material I notice a lot of paragraphs saying stuff like “In the US this is the case…” or “Historically in the UK it started as this and progressed to this which was modified by this law…” Basically just talking about regulation in certain countries, among others relevant solely to one country. I noticed this in L2 material and don’t recall any specific questions relating strictly to 1 country, but is it really important to work on remembering it? They won’t ask a question similar to “In the US which law was passed to ensure XXXXX doesn’t happen?”

There are no laws on CFA exams, fortunately.

And countries do not matter. Might be fictional country.

Thank you, that’s what I figured. It’s just that there were a ton of paragraphs explaining it for each individual country that I began wondering if they’re hinting at something that may show up. Glad to know it’s not.

If You’re talking about tax regimes, just distinguish between progressive and flat. Other are variations of them. Each country, given its possibility, seeks to profit by its tax policy. Also there are supranational institutions which may prescribe the direction of tax policy for particular country.

The curriculum is targeted at an international audience, so it is very unlikely specifics of a country will be asked. Nevertheless, you might want to be aware of a special mention of ERISA and UMIFA for institutional investors based in the United States.