Review Period Before Mocks

Hey everyone,

Since most are coming to the end of their first pass through the material, I thought we could throw out our strategies for the last month or weeks before we all start ripping through some mocks.

• Do you plan on the “second pass”? How are you going to get through such a high volume of material in a short time? Condensed review material would be helpful here…
  • Will you be hitting any of the following?
    • Topic Tests (for PM) format (TTs)
    • Blue Boxes (BBs)
    • End Of Chapter questions (EOCs)
    • Casually doing old AM exams (no time limit / using open notes / etc.)
    • Other?
  • Are you attending a comprehensive review course or bootcamp?

Personally I think doing questions from the curriculum (mainly BBs) that are in AM format (i.e., written responses) will help the most, both with respect to our AM strategy and the incremental benefit of reinforcing our knowledge for the PM questions.

Lets get some creative juices flowing and share what we feel would be the best and most efficient use of our time to set us up for success in June.

Thanks

Hi

I plan to save the 2013-2017 papers to do under exam conditions, along with doing IFT papers under exam conditions.

Until then, I intend to complete the 2007-2012 papers closed book but no time conditions, along with the topic tests. I have done 60% of the CFA and Schweser EOC qs so far so I am going to complete these too in conjunction with the topic tests. Hope that helps!

• Do you plan on the “second pass”?

Yes I’m in the process of the 2nd pass. About 1/2 way to 3/4 through.

• How are you going to get through such a high volume of material in a short time?

I’m mainly focusing on EOC (and some BB) and there are a few chapters that I decided I’ll hit during mocks.

• Will you be hitting any of the following?
    • Topic Tests (for PM) format (TTs)
    • Blue Boxes (BBs)
    • End Of Chapter questions (EOCs)
    • Casually doing old AM exams (no time limit / using open notes / etc.)
    • Other?

Mainly EOC questions, but I’ve done one old AM exam and a couple of topic tests. I’m also reviewing Schweser videos.

• Are you attending a comprehensive review course or bootcamp?

No, I hear they are pretty good though.

Past AM exams (before outside vendor AMs), blue boxes, and EOCs in conjunction with flashcards/personal notes. And if you can possibly do boot camp (think utility value), I highly recommend Marc LeFebvre.

#RecipeForSuccess