Anyone got a neat memorisation tool for lagging/leading/coincident indicators?

As per the title.

i need this too.

I’m pretty sure that you don’t need to memorize the list.

Therefore, the best memorization tool is . . . don’t.

I know anything that is reported based on what has happened before are lagging indicators, and these are GDP, Inflation Rate, Income Wages, etc. On the other hand, leading indicators are anything that showed where the economy is projected to be, such as Inventory Level, Retail Sales Level, Building Permits, etc.

We don’t but there was a previous CFAI exam morning where you did need to know this in order to get the answer correct. I believe it gave you a list and asked which ones were relevant to leading indicators. So that’s the only reason I fret about it. Otherwise I wouldn’t.

If I remember correctly, labour input hours and CPI-indexes are leading indicators? As well as equity performances? Would need to write out a simple notecard for this one.

In that case, write out the three lists 100 times each.

You’ll remember them.

As an added bonus, your writing hand will be in better shape for the morning session.

2010, question 4.

Haha! I think my time is better used elsewhere but I would perhaps write out a few on a notecard that has a higher coefficient just to make sure in case it comes up.

Just remember _ not _ to bring that note card into the testing center.

Ohhh…but the temptations though!