Last week strategy

So I have done 13 AM 3 Hours sessions and 4 PM sessions, Scored 64% on first AM and 75-80% on all AM sessions since the third one. A major weakness I have are those required return calculations, as I consistently lose some points there due to inflation/tax adjustments or other things I do not “see”/understand when reading through those things in exam like conditions. Have not seen much improvement since the third AM session other than speed (first sessions were not timed). Also, I see some wiggle room in the ratings, so that I imagine that in a real exam a grader may give me -10% in the worst case.

I have done 4 PM sessions (2 from CFAI and 2 ITF PMs). Scored 82-83% on the two CFAI mocks and one ITF mock and 95% on the second ITF session (I think they are too easy…).

So basically I have only ITF AM and PM mock left and am not sure on how to use the last week in the best way.

I thought about repeating the 2015 - 2017 AM mock sessions (or maybe just the parts where I had weak scores in the first run) and the PM mocks from CFAI, maybe some more CFAI topic tests (I have done them already - avg. score of 86%, but I have done some sections twice, so it is skewed upwards). Or should I put the focus on repeating content/flashcards? I am really uncertain. On the one hand, I am much more prepared than for level 1 or 2 (where I had like 4 mocks and just scored around 70%). On the other hand, this level is such a beast from my POV (especially because of the AM session and its subjectivity) that I am seriously unsure about how to get the most bang for my buck (figuratively speaking).

Do not burn yourself out studying. Stop taking practice/mock exams by Tuesday.

Skim the areas that have been vexing you. Skim all of the silly lists (behavioral biases, hedge fund types, corporate governance practices, and so on). Take one last spin through Ethics (especially the Asset Managers’ Code) and one last spin through GIPS.

Relax on Friday.

Kill it on Saturday.

Important tip: try to sleep well on Wednesday and Thursday (…b/c you won’t on Friday).

#goodluck

Absolute golden advice! Definitely plan on doing this. Tomorrow my last mock and then Monday review of all past mocks I’ve done and then 3 days of overall notes review.

Thanks Magician

You’re welcome.