EOCs < Mocks n TTs?

IF manz is short of time for certain topics. What should be given more importance?

Option 1. Mocks n TTs?

Option 2. EOCs?

Definitely Mocks & TTs!

Especially for the AM exam, it’s crucial to get used to the type of questions that are asked and the style of writing answers (i.e. short and sharp). EOCs are useful for recapping concepts just learned, but aren’t super useful this close to the exam.

I’m now in my 3rd stab at the L3 exam and , this time, I’ve ditched going through Secret Sauce/Summary videos in favour of mocks and past papers. Man, I wish I had done this before as I’ve realzed how easy the 2016 and 2017 papers were, and that my inability to score well on them was due to lack of exam-condition practice!

How many and how diligently did you attempt the Mocks n TTs in the previous two attempts and how many runs did you do of the mocks n TTs?

I didn’t do any mocks properly in my last two attempts. I tried doing the CFAI mock for the year maybe 2 days before the exam and nothing else. This time, I’ve done the past papers from 2007 - 2013 so far and will go all the way to 2017, as well as this year’s mock exam. Most of the portfolio/IPS cases and questions have a very similar structure, so doing the past papers/past mocks will help you identify relevant information quickly and will prepare you to write the answer that the CFAI expects, not the one that YOU think is right.