Essay questions: Identify

List of strategies and objectives are given. One strategy has selected as appropriate in the previous question.

Now: Identify, for each strategy not selected, one objective it fails to achieve.

Do I just put the title of the objective in, e.g. copy it from the list or do I need to explain anything? I would assume only the first but would like to be sure…

explaining why in 1 or 2 sentences would be great. look at the size of the answer space provided and be the judge.

Let the number of minutes allocated to the question guide you. I’d generally think that Identify would make it alright to copy the phrase directly from the question (unless the question prohibits you from doing this), since Identify wouldn’t normally involve giving explanations. I’d appreciate if someone else can weigh in on this as well

This is entirely WRONG! Please be more responsible when giving advice.

The size of the answer space SHOULD NOT be a guide for how long the answer is to be. The space given is generally WAAAY more than you’d need, because the CFAI anticipate that you might cross out what you’ve initially written/have big letters, so they don’t want you to run out of space on the booklet since additional papers aren’t provided.

CFAI defines identify as: to recognize and correctly name.

I would provide the name (in this the objective that it fails to achieve) and also what you see that made you come up with that conclusion (e.g., objective: no real estate - portfolio B has 10% real estate allocation).

I completely agree with Thiru. It is the Command word which will guide to the answer depth.

Thanks.

Regards,

Jahid