One more AM mock (new vs re take old one) vs review notes?

I know everyone is very different but I am contemplating doing a new CFA AM (done 2015-2017), retaking 2017 as it’s been a while, or just review notes in these last two days!!

Thoughts?

I think review is more important at this stage - right?

I’m just reviewing at this point in the game. No need to burn yourself out before the exam.

If this is your first time doing the L3 exam and you’ve only done the 2015-2017 AMs so far, I’d recommend you do maybe the 2014 AM. If you feel fairly confident about the material, I’d recommend getting used to the AM format because that’s what gutted me in my first two attempts as I felt my knowledge was up-to-par but the AM exam format totally threw me both times (since I hadn’t done enough AM practice) and, in my second attempt, I was so overwhelmed with how tough the AM session was that I was too exhausted for the PM session.

Doing the 2017 AM again might not be worth as you’d already be familiar with the answers and so you wouldn’t really have a time-management issue.

However, if you’ve already done more than, say, 7 AM exams (I’ve done 10), then go for revision to brush up on areas that you’re still shaky (hopefully there aren’t too many such areas) and chill out at least tomorrow evenign, if not the whole day!

I would recommend review. If you’re going to do an exam, then do one you haven’t done as I’ve found that retaking any material (EOC, topic tests, mocks, etc…) you’ve already done isn’t necessarily beneficial as I’ve found that I didn’t get something right because I learned or figured something out but rather just remembered what the right answer (or what the wrong answer) was from before.

Thoughts? You haven’t taken enough AM exams – particularly for a re-taker. That being said, I wish you the best of luck on Saturday.

#regards