POST EXAM: How do you think you did on am and pm?

hashtag wrote:

^If it’s THAT bad…then PRINT.

#cmon

I only print.  My wife asked if I was allowed to ask for an accommodation. That might give you a sense of how big an issue it is.  Trust me, it’s not from lack of effort or technique.  Other people say they have bad handwriting, then see mine and say “oh, yours is worse” after an uncomfortable pause.    But yeah, I’ve heard all this before.  If a kid has a bad knee, you don’t expect him to run the quarter mile with everyone else. It’s the same kind of thing.

#youjustdontunderstand

Kaplan Schweser has information on the program and your career potential as a CFA® charterholder.

Candidcam wrote:

The actual content of every exam can be boiled down to a few hundred pages if done efficiently.

S2000magician wrote:

Which is what I do with my candidates.

Oh, my goodness!  We agree on something!

========================

Hey Bill, didn’t realize you provided such a service, does this fall under the private tutoring segment on your website? Would be interested in it. Thanks.

Prepared for over 6 months. I practiced all the mocks and did written practice for AM questions as well.

AM: Most of the questions were fair. Being a non native speaker, I thought verbiage was different compared to previous papers.

I did finish the paper on time, but left one section for 5 marks completely blank. Post exam I realized I had done few mistake in sub-parts  of two questions as well. I agree with some of candidates that paper was a race against time. There was little time to review. I feel if I had 10 mins more with the same paper, I could have structured my response better. Overall, the paper was fair.

PM: Ethics was tough! I am putting myself in 7/12 or 8/12 range at best.

Rest of the paper wasn’t the slam dunk I had hoped for. The questions felt different compared to previous mocks; language was different, and it required good amount of thinking. I was able to finish 15/20 mins before time however, I went back and changed couple of answers which I am still not sure about. There were few difficult questions, but felt like even for easy topics one needed a good understanding.

Walking out of L2 I was fairly confident about my score and that I would pass. For L3, I am putting a range of 60-67%. I think I am just at the boderline.

I was writing the paper in Singapore, and the room was freezing with Aircon. Not the most comfortable experience, but it was alright.

All the best to everyone!

(Its a long wait to exam results and my wife thinks I am spending way too much time contemplating this and reading posts on this forum.) 

Cheers!

First time taker

AM - was fair but time pressure kicked in half way through - skipped 2 sub questions guessed 1. Had few minutes to go back fill in some blanks but not enough to 100% salvage what I skipped. Definitely felt worse after this one, compared to PM.

PM went relatively okay - time wasn’t and issue - some tricks/twists along the way casting some doubt. Ethics definitely on the fence about. Not 100% sure about all my answers, but on the whole felt better than AM especially because of spare time after helped in PM.

Very nervous at how divided opinions are of AM vs PM difficulty. Although should bode well for MPS

I am totally on the fence - but hoping I did enough to pass (God-Willing)

rahgiboy wrote:

First time taker

AM - was fair but time pressure kicked in half way through - skipped 2 sub questions guessed 1. Had few minutes to go back fill in some blanks but not enough to 100% salvage what I skipped. Definitely felt worse after this one, compared to PM.

PM went relatively okay - time wasn’t and issue - some tricks/twists along the way casting some doubt. Ethics definitely on the fence about. Not 100% sure about all my answers, but on the whole felt better than AM especially because of spare time after helped in PM.

Very nervous at how divided opinions are of AM vs PM difficulty. Although should bode well for MPS

I am totally on the fence - but hoping I did enough to pass (God-Willing)

I feel exactly the same with AM vs. PM, so you’re not alone in how you’re feeling. 

With the exception of Ethics, I thought the entire exam was fair and as expected. The only caveat is that there were 2-3 calculations on the AM that were tested in unique ways that I hadn’t seen before. Time pressure added to the difficulty of those. But calculations are only worth 3-8 points so one could reasonably miss multiple and only be out 20 points. Many exam takers left at least that many points blank. 

wishing everyone here all good things come results day!

They announced 30 minutes left when I was on Q7 in the AM and started worrying. Even though I brought a watch, it didn’t help lol. I then fast-tracked all the answers after that and was pretty sure of 8-10 but worry about the legibility of my answers. I had 2 minutes left when I finished on the AM and tried to fix legibility. Prior to Q7, I think I wrote too much and tried to link my answers back to the questions. For example, Bob had low Standard of Living risk b/c xyz statement. In my practice exams, I didn’t practice writing out my full thoughts and thought I would be good on timing but I thought wrong. 

I was in NY (Hilton?) and had to throw up between sections. I had 1 minute left to get back to my seat before they started announcing PM instructions. PM was easier than AM IMO w/ exception of ethics. However, I remembered certain ethics questions from L2 and mocks and was able to answer those. I got those wrong on L2/mocks and studied those answers profusely and was surprised to see the same questions.

Overall, I thought it was fair w/ exception of 2-3 questions. However, I thought they were put in as time-wasters so people would miss the big picture on timing and forget to actually finish the test.

Same here on the well wishes. No need to stress out now and just enjoy the summer!

Wrote in London, Ontario, Canada.

Second time writer of L3 this year. Every AM mock I have ever done I have completed in about 2 hours. But the actual exam in 2017 I left the last 3 entire AM questions (and their sub-parts) blank because I ran out of time! It was a crushing Band 10 fail knowing I left so many marks on the table.

This year I took a watch and marked down a the beginning of every question what time I had to be done by. It kept me on track and I finished with a minute to spare, having answered every question, though perhaps not well in some cases. I left the AM feeling decently confident. 

I finished the PM with about 45 minutes to spare, enough time for a washroom break to stretch my legs and to go over my answers twice, actually changing a handful of answers here and there. I was then able to tally up what I thought I got and I am pretty confident of >70% on the PM, while I really have no clue how the AM went!

After the Band 10 last year I am hoping they have mercy this year and I squeak by. As always, time will tell!

How can you be confident by changing answers here and there?

StasLadanov wrote:

This is the worst feeling for me. I learned to stick with my original answers (unless I am 100% confident it is wrong due to not paying attention or missing a detail).

bazz

StasLadanov wrote:

Because when you take more time to read through questions you find things you  missed….

There was a point in time durin the exam when I thought to myself… Ill probably end up with band 4. I dont even know how sucky you have to be to land a band 4 but Ill be using that as my benchmark. Oh and Im super duper conservative so ill probably end up doing better than a band 4. maybe a band 8 LOL

AM:

Finished the test with 30 minutes to spare which I used to check my answers. The first question really threw me off and I didn’t feel confident of my knowledge/how to explain my conclusion. I would say 50% if so.

PM:

i did better but there were certain questions that were wild cards plus the ethics part for me was a crapshoot.