Time taken in Exam

I want to start off by saying this post is not intended to be bragging - I don’t think finishing quickly means anything in particular. With that being said, did anyone else find that the exam did not take very much time to get through? I finished the AM in 1:40 and the PM in just under 1:30. I have always been a fast test taker but for some reason I felt like people always mention running out of time on 3. Just wondering if I am the only one or if there are others out there.

Thanks!

How quickly you finish is a function of how well prepared you are.

So yes, it would not surprise me if one finished in that time if they knew the answers.

I wrote essays…most of the time I ran out of space in the boxes and finished the AM with 5 minutes to go. If I had written short sentences and abbreviations, I probably would have finished in 2 hours or so. Same with PM I could have been done in 2 but for a few questions I just took my time and was done with about 30 minutes to spare.

I don’t think finishing with time to spare is a good indicator. It could be because you didn’t know anything and just skipped or gave a BS answer, or you knew what the answers were right away and answered efficiently and in a timely manner.

You must ge a master calligrapher to be able to finish AM In 1:40. Through levels 1-3 I’ve always finished multiple choice sections in 1:20-1:45 and then spend the extra time on questions I’m unsure of.

I remember last year (2017) there was a candidate saying that he finished the AM exam under 2h.

At that time I still was L2 candidate so I believed what he said because I didn’t know the AM exam.

Does anyone know if he pass?

If you finished the morning session in 1:40 and felt confident about it, then I would be pretty impressed. I finished everything with ~5 minutes to spare.

5 minutes to spare myself too…I had to piss before the exam but right when I was about to go, they announced that you couldn’t go. I had to hold it until the end of the session. At 11:55, I was done writing and rushed to the bathroom!

I felt reasonably good about the morning. I did feel that with the topics tested, it was possible to run through certain sections reasonably quickly. One reason I test so quickly is I go with my first guess 99% of the time - I don’t go back through because I find that when I chance answers i’m not sure about I almost always change to the wrong answer

Same here, after the AM, I could barely walk, my bladder was about to pop. Finished at +2:00 with no break.

Personally, I followed the advice of Iraf and kept my essay answers concise and to the point. I don’t recall writing long paragraphs and I felt I was answering exactly what they wanted me to answer. I probably had 35-40 min to review what I had written. I felt confident (not overly) after the ANM session. The PM was so-so. Historically, I finish the multiple choice questions fairly quickly with time to review those I’m not sure about. But we’ll see soon enough.

AM: 3 hrs on the dot

PM: finished in 1.5 hrs. I was surprised but I had been training to improve my speed this time round (my 3rd go) and had time to review the whole PM questions again and finished it in 1 hr.

I think how prepared you are influences your speed and it almost becomes like a reflex to answer the questions.

Either you were incredibly prepared, wrote in abbreviations or didn’t label all formulas/highlight answers for graders to prove you knew the material.

Hopefully, you’re in the incredibly prepared category.

Passed! Hope everyone else did as well.