Just post a number

Available Live or Online, our classes are taught by CFA® charterholders that have a history of helping candidates pass. Take your studies seriously with a live class from Schweser.

Eze wrote:

Hey guys, I am just trying to figure out from a very tiny sample, how many people did not finish the am portion and by how many questions (questions meaning parts). 

For instance, I did not complete 4 parts in total. 2 parts from 2 different questions .

Thanks guys!

Eze

You still have a chance if you aced PM. I remember there was someone who left 3 full questions but still passed because of amazing PM.

The harder the struggle, the more glorious the triumph.

Black8Mamba23 wrote:
Take your pick of the pi:

http://functions.wolfram.com/Constants/Pi/06/01/01/

The problem with those power series is that they generally converge very slowly.  (No: I didn’t examine all of them.)

Simplify the complicated side; don't complify the simplicated side.

Financial Exam Help 123: The place to get help for the CFA® exams
http://financialexamhelp123.com/

S2000magician wrote:

The problem with those power series is that they generally converge very slowly.  (No: I didn’t examine all of them.)

How would you go about it in a more efficient way if you wanted an arbitrary amount of precision? Just curious 

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." -Viktor Frankl

S2000magician wrote:

3.14159265358979 …

#MathJokes

Black8Mamba23 wrote:
S2000magician wrote:

How would you go about it in a more efficient way if you wanted an arbitrary amount of precision? Just curious

There may be series that converge to π rather quickly, but I’m not familiar with them.

Something to investigate while you await exam results, eh?

Simplify the complicated side; don't complify the simplicated side.

Financial Exam Help 123: The place to get help for the CFA® exams
http://financialexamhelp123.com/

S2000magician wrote:

Black8Mamba23 wrote:
S2000magician wrote:

There may be series that converge to π rather quickly, but I’m not familiar with them.

I hope I’m never so bored. :-P

S2000magician wrote:

Black8Mamba23 wrote:
S2000magician wrote:

I’ll get on it ;) 

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." -Viktor Frankl

I left three 3 point blank and one 2 point. So total 11 points. I feel like the difficulty of the questions wasn’t that hard its just collecting my thoughts, and then writing it neatly is why I didn’t finish. Hopefully the ones I answered i Get 65%+ and I killed the PM

I missed half of two questions and 1/3 of two other questions for a total of 40 points left on the table. Pretty frustrating when you know the answers to the questions, but the lack of time is what is going to cost you the exam… 

One subpart for 8 minutes. Finished with 2 minutes left

What is the expected result date for Level III? My guess is early September :(

I skipped a 7pt’er.  

Wonder what would happen if they tucked in as last question; write a small summary of what the person sitting next to you looks like.  

Get written up for looking at another taker or miss the points?

VinnyBoombots wrote:

I skipped a 7pt’er.  

Wonder what would happen if they tucked in as last question; write a small summary of what the person sitting next to you looks like.  

Get written up for looking at another taker or miss the points?

lol

From past exam scores it looks like lower 25 percentile in am is 30% and PM 55%. 75th percentile is around 65% and 80% respectively. Passing score is probably around midpoint with 43% AM and 75% PM a probable pass. Most seem to overestimate AM scores, and 70+ in AM looks like a rarity in the past scores. Almost as rare as below 45 in PM.

Hjernetrim wrote:

From past exam scores it looks like lower 25 percentile in am is 30% and PM 55%. 75th percentile is around 65% and 80% respectively. Passing score is probably around midpoint with 43% AM and 75% PM a probable pass. Most seem to overestimate AM scores, and 70+ in AM looks like a rarity in the past scores. Almost as rare as below 45 in PM.

that’s interesting. If true, would be curious people’s thoughts on if ‘low’ am scores are due to candidate preparedness or hard grading?

Candidcam wrote:

Hjernetrim wrote:

that’s interesting. If true, would be curious people’s thoughts on if ‘low’ am scores are due to candidate preparedness or hard grading?

Both I’d imagine.

Most answers indicate that people have not completed the exam. 

I need to register for the FRM… I need to get this CFA over with

“Mmmmmm, something…” - H. Simpson

is this normal that ppl dont complete the exam EVERY yr? or should we act surprised because it was only this yr that ppl didnt completely the entire AM?

I think every year there are threads that indicate exactly this

I was a band 10 in 2017, leaving the 3 last questions of AM completely blank…

This year I was determined to avoid that, so I brought a watch and marked down the time I had to complete  each question at the beginning, writing it in the top corner. I managed to complete the entire exam with maybe a minute to spare.

I think entering the AM portion without a watch is extremely risky.

when you say you left the last 3 questions completely blank, do you mean FULL questions, or SUB questions (aka C, D, E)

Tommyjohn wrote:

when you say you left the last 3 questions completely blank, do you mean FULL questions, or SUB questions (aka C, D, E)

lol I mean 3 FULL questions, with multiple sub questions under each. It was a killer. Hoping this year having answered all the questions it gets me across the line.

caven wrote:

Tommyjohn wrote:

lol I mean 3 FULL questions, with multiple sub questions under each. It was a killer. Hoping this year having answered all the questions it gets me across the line.

What did you get on PM to manage to fail band 10?! Was it all >70%?

bazz

bazz wrote:

caven wrote:

Tommyjohn wrote:

Not quite.

AM I had 6 of the topics below 50%, including the last 3 which i did not fill out. PM I only had 4 topics >70%.

Still managed a Band 10 - I obviously must have scored on the high side within each performance band.

I felt better about this last exam overall, hopefully that means good things… *fingers crossed* 

caven wrote:

bazz wrote:

caven wrote:

Tommyjohn wrote:

Not quite.

AM I had 6 of the topics below 50%, including the last 3 which i did not fill out. PM I only had 4 topics >70%.

Still managed a Band 10 - I obviously must have scored on the high side within each performance band.

I felt better about this last exam overall, hopefully that means good things… *fingers crossed* 

This gives me some hope… best of luck!

bazz

realistically what do you guys think the L3 pass rate would be if the MPS was ACTUALLY a 70% on the entire exam?

i say 33%

So you really think that 33% can score 70% or higher on L3? I think people overestimate the talent pool in the CFA program

just pure speculation here: I think that the “average” score on the AM section is super friggin low. like im talking maybe in the high 40s (80ish out of 180 points)

my reason for thinking that has to do mostly with the many, many people who leave 2 or even more full questions completely blank. 

I would also be curious to see the L3 pass rate among people who were able to finish without leaving blanks. I feel that ****e could be in the high 70s.