What Happens in The Exam that annoy you the most

Other than the difficulty of the exam last saturday… what were you most frustrated with?

In my exam hall, there was a dude that was coughing for the whole of 6 hours and it was so annoying that instead of concentrating of the questions, i was waiting for his next cough!

I demand a refund! Hahaha

Well, our exam center is near a port… midway through the afternoon session a cruise ship started blasting its horn… that was pretty annoying.

Mamba - were you in Ft Lauderdale as well?

I use ear plugs so the noise isn’t an issue but it is distracting when the proctors walk around and then stop right next to you. I know they have to do that, but it distracts me.

slamming door every time someone left the banquet hall to use the bathroom. Was like 10 feet away from me

100% agree. So annoying when they stand over you looking over your passport (which you handed them when you checked in).

That, and sitting in silence for an extra 40 minutes after the exam is over while they collect all the exams. At that point, you just want to head straight to the nearest pub… but you can’t

A proctor’s cell phone rang 2 times during the AM portion of the exam. Also, a candidate set an alarm on their digital watch that went off two minutes before time was called.

Took the exam in NYC and we were cheated out of a full minute in the AM. My watch had us start at 9:01AM and end promptly at 12pm and someone in the row behind me was using an electronic timer and 60 seconds or so after we heard “…pencils down now” I heard his/her watch beep.

That and the general disorganization at the Marriott Marquis. In between AM and PM there was nowhere to sit. People were sitting on the floor with their backs against the wall.

London,Ontario Canada

1. 3 female bathrooms but only one male bathroom. That bathroom had one urinal and one stall (guess which gender I am?)

2. no clock in the exam room. Just proctors flipping over paper every 30 minutes. This is mostly my fault for not bringing a watch

I lost a total of 30 minutes (AM + PM) waiting in line for the bathroom DURING the exam. Yes, despite my efforts I couldn’t ‘hold it’. Thankfully I was able to solve a few questions in my head while waiting ^^.

That sucks! Good that you were semi productive at least. For Level 1 my stomach was not happy with me. When I finally got back from the bathroom I got a nose bleed for some reason.

the air conditioning was not enough, I had to take off my jacket and my palms started to sweat mid-session.

Guy next to me SLAMMING on his calculator…so unnecessary. Loud, angry tapping the whole time! Just hit the calculator keys like a normal person.

And proctors making you feel so uncomfortable and hovering. Give me space!!!

Oh and people chatting before the exam starts. I want some quiet meditation time. I don’t want to hear your damn small talk!

Yup! Guessing you were too?

The bathroom lines for men was ridiculous (as it was for L2 and as I expected etc.) so I tried to drink/eat less day before. However the difference between my expectations and actual experience was vast as I had to throw up between AM and PM. Glad I was able to make it back in time just before they started announcing PM instructions!

Also, annoyed that even though I bought a watch, I still mismanaged my AM section as I had 30 minutes left and was only on Q7 and had to rush. Hope I don’t lose too many points for legibility!

There was a pigeon flying around in our hall in Vancouver the whole afternoon. The main proctor even said in the mic that we should disregard it, and if it drops something on us, we should just welcome it as it might be good luck (no joke).

Sounds like you were really getting into that finance spirit.

Fortunately, no. Just dry air and stress.

#Caddyshack

The guy that I was sharing the table with would keep hitting the one leg every so often during the exam shaking the whole thing, if not moving the table. Thankfully I was reading the material at each instance so didn’t mess me up but was annoying as hell.