Countdown and emotions

As per https://connexions.cfainstitute.org/iimproved-results-reporting today, 28 August appears to be sacred appointed date. How do you feel…

they just beating around the bush

The waiting was always bad, but this being possibly the last time and also it being an extra 2 weeks makes it so much worse

Seriously, don’t sweat it. Nearly half of you will pass this thing.

#goodluck

It needs to be nearly 55% for me to pass. If confirm nearly half, I should start sweating. Anyhow, let me enjoy my life before that dreading long D-day.

Do we think that PDF they link is representative of actual results? If so 90th percentile on essay portion was slightly below 70% which i guess isn’t shocking

For AFs odds are higher.

Last year the level 2 result release was terrible. I didn’t get result until 2pm PST. Hopefully this doesn’t happen again.

So, here is what it was like last year for me. I knew that the email wouldn’t show up before 6 am pacific time. I woke up around 5 am, went back to sleep. Woke up at about 6:05. Nothing yet. Looked again at about 6:25 and “Congratulations! We are very pleased to inform you that you passed the June 2017 Level III CFA exam. 54% of candidates passed the June 2017 Level III CFA exam.”

My initial thought was “good, I was expecting that”. Then I told my wife, who was also expecting me to pass.

Then, my two year old son came in. I had been studying since just before he was born. “Daddy passed his exam.” My two year old had no idea what an exam was. He wanted something to eat.

That day, I told people at work and asked for references. I didn’t ask for references in advance on the off chance I had failed.

Later in the day, my curiousity got the better of me. What was the minimum passing score? How much did I pass by? I had done something similar at the other levels. After much work, I estimated a MPS of 59.5% and that I was 10% above the MPS. This will be different for those of you who sat for the exam in 2018. The score reporting has completely changed. You will probably be able to tell if you just barely passed, or killed the exam.

That night, I told my 5 year old daughter and my parents. They were proud.

Over the next few days I relaxed. My wife got a cake.

an MPS of 59.5% just made my pants feel tighter

4pm for me. From what i can remember it was some issue relating to batch e-mail and was specific to gmail. I’ve changed my e-mail address this year to avoid the excruciation of F5ing my inbox for 10 hours non stop.

I was abroad last year on results day and didn’t get the results until 11pm, was freaking out the whole day.

Last year results came in quick, like 7 or 8 am EST. I was expecting it to take much longer, so I was pretty surprised. Think I was actually in the bathroom. After level 2 results got released I was pretty nervous and really wanted to know how I did. Obsessing about how you think you did won’t change anything but only waste time. You will get the score and see how you did on the 28th. Leave it at that.

Can’t wait to see what theories to figure out the score early people come up with this year!

Then again, last year I failed with a bank 10. Although I feel I answered most of the essays with a higher level of precision but I don’t know how the overall level 3 population did.

Honestly, they are times I feel level 3 is matter of luck between a band 10 and passing.