Just receive that August 28 Result email for CFAI-ewwww...

Butterfly in my belly already. I swear I am not going to open this email until I see th passing rate. 54-55% will probably put me in…

true… i am hyperventilating!!! And the new format sucks… i have no idea how i ll live the next 20 days…

I feel you!

I start having bad dream too :slight_smile:

Only 3 weeks to go! Good luck everyone!

what’s this “new format” you speak of?

Feel for you guys. The new schedule with test late June and results at the end of August is brutal…bye bye summer

That`s during my vacation.

Either I will cry from joy or cry from despair.

This year you won’t receive the e-mail you were used to in recent years. https://www.cfainstitute.org/-/media/documents/support/programs/cfa/your-exam-result.ashx

Edit: Forgot to quote, but in reply to ’ Would you look’

Wow new format is great. Wish they had done this in the past. Always wondered where my scores stacked up against the field

Incredible how I walked away from the exam thinking I did a good paper and as time approaches results day I lost that confidence

You may have already seen this but the link below contains details on the new results format including reasons for change, issues with old format, etc.

https://www.300hours.com/articles/a-chat-with-cfa-institute-about-the-new-cfa-exam-new-results-format#.W2xEQf6ouUk

I was fairly low confidence coming out of exam but as the specific questions have faded from my memory I’ve grown less anxious. For now

I am in the same boat with you. I already have 2 nightmares about the result. Still, I feel I had taking care of small stuffs in the morning essays that I never knew were important. Fingers crossed! I absolutely cannot receive a failed result this year. Band 10 last year.

I am in the same boat with you. I already have 2 nightmares about the result. Still, I feel I had taking care of small stuffs in the morning essays that I never knew were important. Fingers crossed! I absolutely cannot receive a failed result this year. Band 10 last year.

i would def put a lot more weight on how you felt after the exam versus now. I barely remember the questions anymore

^Really? For some reason, I remember all of them from AM. For PM, I remember the trickier ones and the trickiest one of them all - Ethics.

I think the margin for error here is very small. It could be just the matter of a few points (or a single multiple choice question - which is 3 points each). I’ve heard somewhere that the diff between bands were 2/3 points. Not sure on that but I think it could be valid.

Upon leaving the exam I was beating myself up over every single error or missed question. Since then I’ve reminded myself that I just needed to get about 65% correct, maybe less. It’s hard to come out of an exam feeling confident about your performance even if you got 70% of the questions right (a likely pass).

Besides the questions I know I got wrong, my only other concern is that I did not find Ethics very tricky this year. Makes me feel like I missed something. On the other hand, I found Ethics very tricky on Level II and my results confirmed that feeling.

I wonder if the message “Congrats” or “We regret to inform” will be the same?

New format is still super opaque. Almost like a guide in how to act like you are being transparent and not be.

10 th to 90th percentile is virtually useless. Too wide a range and gives what are irrelevant data points given about 45-55 percent of people pass. Why not show 25th and 75th or 40th and 60th? I guess it would give “too much” information.

The confidence bands seem like something done by an elementary statistics student making too many assumptions and not providing meaningful information. Day to day variation of individuals is very different from one person to the next; some people are very consistent and others are subject to good days and bad days so they really can’t give a meaningful confidence band. It’s like they don’t understand the law of large numbers.

Oh and graphs with no numbers. Really?