People Pumping Prep Programs

Planning for level 3 is becoming extremely difficult with the ramping number of shills doing nothing but pumping prep materials like MM1.

Can the mods do something about this? They are destroying this forum.

MM1 Posts:

Use levelup for CFA L3. Marc is really good in teaching different topics and how one links with the other one. Plus his slide deck is amazing. Very detailed plus refer to buzz words as well from the cfa course material.

Use levelup for CFA L3. Marc is really good in teaching different topics and how one links with the other one. Plus his slide deck is amazing. Very detailed plus refer to buzz words as well from the cfa course material. His videos explains every topic in detail and also goes through blue boxes which are essential in L3

Cant beat levelup detailed videos and slide deck. Marc explains the concept and how it is connected to other topics in the course material because L3 topics should not be read in silos.

I personally believe after looking at Kaplan/wiley, levelup by Marc Lefebre is the best. L3 is a different beast where the topics are not solo or stand alone but need to understand how one topic is connected to another topic. Marc explains it really well in is videos and also his slide deck is the best. He does the curriculum and blue boxes which are extremely essential part of studying L3 but also explains with examples the concept.

Have you looked at Levelup by Marc Leferbe for L3? Bet you far superior than any other materials out there

There are numerous other shill posts happening. Ruins this forum.

Marc is really good/among the best.

#hashtagCFA

Why should the mods just listen to you? Do you speak on behalf of everyone here? I don’t consider it pumping and at level 3 more informative than say a forum topic on level 1 where people ask which prep provider or how should I study. People are giving their honest feedback. These topics will die down in a month. You don’t have to read to them either. Most discounts with providers end around Sept and Oct, so I see nothing wrong with asking before I spend a wad of cash.

You don’t consider it pumping when someone joins with the explicit purpose of posing as a CFA candidate posting absolutely nothing but “X provider is the best”?

Marc at Levelup is really really good though - just saying

Marc from levelup is the reason I passed level 3 so I will plug him every chance I get.

I have no contention with that Hope2Help. You aren’t a fake profile with the sole purpose of plugging levelup!

My contention is with the the people who’s only posts are plugs. That is it. They pretend to be candidates in the program sharing their “experiences”, but the only posts are plugs.

Did someone say, LevelUp? I’m using it. Honestly.

I didn’t use LevelUp, but had Marc’s lecture back when he was at Schweser.

Marc was absolutely the best along with David Hetherington.

If someone says Marc’s LevelUp is absolutely the best, I would have to agree because he is an amazing instructor. I personally thought that cost vs content wise IFT is amazing as well…covers the entire curriculum and does BB problems by hand on videos (not to say LevelUp doesn’t do that - I haven’t watched any of LevelUp videos).

Yes Level Up is very GOOD. I like his videos than anything else because he forces you to read the material. Upon passing (If), I will definitely crown him as the BEST.

I don’t get your post. There are plenty of people on this forum with different opinions and many of us read lots of posts, but only post once in a great while, if at all. That doesn’t mean these are fake profiles. I also see a lot of loyalists to the Mark M and I assume they’re providing honest feedback, so why the difference? Also, I signed up for Level Up and hope to pass next year and become one of the Marc L loyalists you hate.

I’m starting to side with OP on this one. Y’all ready to marry this Marc guy, but haven’t even mentioned S2000 yet.

Shameful.

Interesting that CEO10K-DAY was a chalk and board dude. What was it like? Nathan Ronen knows his stuff but never knew whether his no powerpoint approach would be effective or not

OP cracked me up… honestly, my only thing to say is that its overwhelming (yet empowering) to read all of the different opinions. I personally strayed away from Schweser for Level II, failed and went back to it (just passed). I’m leaning toward Schweser for Level III as its what I have used to pass both levels and I’m comfortable with the format, delivery, etc, but many of you have me worried that perhaps it is not enough.

Has anybody failed level 3 using Schweser or used multiple providers to pass the Level III exam? I’ve also heard CFAI books are most critical for this level. I have personally never read the CFAI books other than certain sections where I believed Schweser did not provide adequate coverage and/or a confusing topic.

Everyone at my work says Schweser is “King” and has used that to pass, but I hear this Mark being thrown around as one of the go to options.

Any feedback is appreciated. :slightly_smiling_face:

I do not have enough good things to say about Nathan and his style. His videos/classes work incredibly well. He single handedly helped make everything just “click”. Doing the readings is 100% a prerequisite before watching even the first video, but if you do, Nathan will help everything just click (that, “AHA”, moment… I had several). And I think that’s where the power lies in his teachings. As I would much rather prepare for an exam where I actually just understand things, and can apply that same understanding to any situation on exam day, rather just memorizing bullet points and praying the exam asks for those same bullet points.

Plus the guy calls/texts me - seriously man, the guy texted me on my birthday to wish me a happy birthday. He routinely checked in with me, and was willing to spend time with me over the phone going over things I wasn’t grasping until I finally got it. You can tell the guy cares, so that’s why I’ll stick with him for level 3.

Cant beat levelup detailed videos and slide deck. Marc explains the concept and how it is connected to other topics in the course material because L3 topics should not be read in silos. :neutral_face:

bumps & bruises, blunts in land cruisers

Sounds like a dating app

If I passed, Marc @LevelUp certainly had a lot to do with it. That and hard work.