What is your job profile currently?

Hi All, I am currently working in a FP&A role at an IT giant firm in India. I have passed CFA Level 2, and have completed my post-graduation from one of the best B-schools in India (Ranked among top 5). But I am still not able to get an interview call for Investment management, Investment Banking or Equity Research roles. It seems like every company wants experience in the same field. Has anyone faced this situation, and has any tips to offer? Also, wanted to get an idea that among the people who reach till CFA L3, how many are currently working in core investment management or valuation profiles?

Hahaha, are you yourself or have I made an another profile with different user name? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m in the same situation mate, so high five on the common misery. To give you a sense, I have appeared for level 3 and still not getting any calls for the above mentioned roles. And yes, I have a top bschool too. But recruiters. They are funny people as always

Perhaps better opportunities await elsewhere.

#SlumdogMillionaire

Investment Manager for an AM firm. I work mostly with global equity markets and some FI.

Head PM for a small investment advisor. Would never have had a chance to do something like this at a big company.

You fail to understand that credentials are not all there is to the game. If that was the case woman would be ceos of everything

Exactly this

Especially finance is about who you know

Could you recommend actionables to break into the industry, especially from an Instutional Banking background

Equity analyst at BB bank. Got job here with L2 and non-finance undergrad.

In my experience standing out / interviewing well (showing genuine interest in investment career path and being able ot demonstrate that) is way more nb than whats on your transcript.

Investment Management Analyst for large bank in the US. Looking to break into product development but may need to go back to school and get my MBA or MFE.

Corporate finance analyst for a F500

Attorney/compliance consultant

big 4 advisory arm - FDD

trading/investment work at a small buyside shop

Corporate Investment Bank - Working with large Corporates in the Multinational company space.

I spend my days writing out complex algorithms in the hallways of an accredited university – but do it all in secrecy.

A friend once told me that Matt Damon and Ben Affleck wrote a movie script about it, years ago.

#hashtagCFA

Analyst/PE. Smaller shop but we are growing rapidly and made the largest deal in a certain asset class last year.

Associate in ER

Debt capital markets

Now which one of u is in Toronto hahaha :wink: