No Textbooks for Level 3

Im taking the Level 3 after a 9 year gap and was surprised to find out that a hard copy of the Textbook is no longer included with the registration and I have to pay extra to get the textbook. When did this change? Is everyone comfortable with an ebook vs a textbook?

I bought both. Hard for me to stare at a computer screen reading CFA material for long periods of time and harder to mark-up.

Don’t know exactly when the change took place but they’ve been trying to go paperless (books, journal, etc…) for a while now.

And welcome back!

Hard to believe that anything has changed during this technological era!

Anyways, use this link as a chance to catch-up with all the events that have taken place since the 2010s started. (And FB went public!)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010s

#TheMoreYouKnow

Thanks !! Yeah Im gonna have to buy the textbooks too. I did not like the ebook look and feel…but I feel its not fair…to pay an extra $150 on top of the registration…

Exactly on the same boat as passed the Lvl1 back in 2006. Some of them noobs posting above were still in high school back then, so they bettah respect.

Anyways, by the look of it we prolly need to buy the hardcopies as well

What used to be the fees earlier? Was it the same as of now, but with printed curriculum included?

Yeah…the fees were about the same but you got a hard copy of the books and there was no ebook option…

I hope you accounted for the 17% cumulative inflation since 2009. I don’t recommend making that kind of mistake on exam day. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s not really the point. Im ok if the fees went up over time with inflation - all Im saying is that they should give an ebook or actual book option and not include the ebook as mandatory with the registration and charge extra for the textbooks.

I ordered the hard copy I cannot read 2333 pages from the screen.

I registered the first time at 2015 It is the way since I start!!!

yea i took level 1 in '16 and had to pay then