L3 prep providers: Is LvlUp worth the extra cost?

Returning candidate after a 10 year break.

Planning to go with the actual CFAI books and use Mark Meldrum, which at CAD 375 looks like a serious bargain.

That said, are the $1,300 that LVLUP charges worth the premium? I understand that Mark LeFebre is a fantastic instructor but so is Mark Meldrum. What do y’all think?

Wiley is priced at a more reasonable $795 but from what i understand from other candidates their content is not that great.

Take the cheapest route and let us know how that works out.

#goodluck

Mark is worth it… make the sacrifice!!!

Hard work is the best way to pass. Marc @LevelUp is the best guide to make sure that work isn’t ill spent, or blown on a poor AM session.

For the people who took Marc L/LevelUp, did you do the on demand video lectures or one of his boot camps?

100% worth it. Learning the L3 curriculum from Marc is like learning the Bible from John the Baptist. He is solid and covers everything no short cuts but valuable tips.

Do both.

Yeah thats the point of the discussion skippy. Perhaps you’ve heard of industry #disruptors?

Scored on the 90th percentile last year using only Mark Meldrum’s videos, which is the cheapest option among all prep. Providers. Wondering if the same approach would cut it for L3.

Will let you know

Great, thanks!

I took both the boot camp and the videos. I would say the videos are good (I looked at some of IFT videos as well and I liked them better because he goes slower over the material). Honestly, the boot camp was ok overall but overwhelming because he goes over A LOT of material and your mind just shut off (you cant concentrate by just listening for 10 hours straight). That being said, the booklet that he distributes is helpful specially with IPS calculation. If I had the choice, I would just attend the IPS workshop and combine it with IFT videos.