Applying for your Charter

Hey all,

Congrats to everyone that passed this morning, it’s finally over!!! Is anyone familiar with the process to apply for their charter? I only have 2 years of relevant work experience so despite passing I won’t actually receive mine for a couple of years. I haven’t looked into the application process much due to my lack of experience so can anyone shed some light on it? Should I just forget about the charter for two years and come back later or is there anything in advance?

Thanks

You basically have to fill out your work history with a detailed description of what you do (oriented towards how it qualifies) and then supply 3 professional references who basically attest to the same. If you have less than 4 years you will not be approved so I would wait unless you are interested in associate membership (or whatever it’s called).

I’m assuming the answer is yes, but those of us who passed and are already regular members – are we instantly charterholders?

I’m wondering the same thing as I’m a regular member as well. Not sure if we have to do anything else at this point…