Thank you S2000

All,

This will be my first and last post. I passed 2018 L3 and am now done with the program. To be clear, I am not a paid representative for anyone or any prep provider (or similar enterprise).

I had the pleasure of working with S2000 for exam prep exactly one time in person (“GoToMeeting”) for Mark Meldrum’s L3 AM grading. I had a very difficult work schedule and he was beyond accommodating to make sure we reviewed my exam.

He was thoughtful in every aspect and his knowledge of the curriculum was unbelievable. It was a humbling experience to work with such an intelligent and professional individual. I honestly felt lucky, above all else. There is no doubt that his guidance helped me on game day and for that I feel truly fortunate.

I would recommend him 100% for CFA prep. His approach helped me understand key points but above all else he is just a really good guy who wants to see you succeed. I honestly believe the money is secondary for him, and this view is supported by the time he spends answering difficult questions (with ease) on his own time on this forum. I really believe he is first and foremost an educator with a vested interest in the success of his students.

Bill - if you’re reading this, thank you again. I really do appreciate everything you did for me.

I second this. While I marginally failed this year, s2000 is super helpful!

Like FirstandLast123, I had opportunity to work with Bill Campbell III (smagician2000). He went through each and every question and explained my mistakes. He was really magician.

I must also thank Mark Meldrum . His L3 videos were awesome . He has taken lot of efforts to explain subtle concepts. Moreover because of his exams I was able to work with Bill Campbell III.

So thanks Mark and Bill again for your guidance and all help

I am piggybacking here. I also worked with Bill for L3 AM grading, and it was such a pleasant experience. He graded my exam very thoroughly and was able to give some very valuable tips that definitely pushed me over the edge on exam day.

I am not a huge poster, but a big time lurker, and S2000 has helped solve more problems for me than he even knows.

Thank you very much for your time and wisdom, Bill!

I also back this. He worked on grading my AM this year and gave very valuable insights. He gave me his time and explained what went wrong when I solved and what should I opt for instead. Knowing how valuable his knowledge in the CFA industry is, I could trust all his comments and take them seriously. He was also there for me via email after the grading when I had some doubts.

Highly recommended!

You guys are too much!

And you’re all quite welcome.

S2000 is the stuff of legend.

That is I: stuff.

S2000 is the one of the best cars to ever grace the earth

Amen!

Mine has 240,000 miles on it. One owner.

I owned a Porsche 911S for years. The S2000 is a lot more fun to drive than the Porsche ever was, and the Porsche was a blast!

(For those of you who have never driven a rear-engine car, look up trailing throttle oversteer. There’s an interesting story with the Porsche on that.)

Please wait one more year for retirement!

Thank you S2000

I’m hoping that now that I am to become a Charterholder and offer superior returns, I’ll soon be in touching distance of owning my own 911…

:wink:

Thank you Magician. I learnt many good concepts browsing this site and most of them are answered by you, I distinctly remember the treatment for Inflation, pre & post tax adjustment :smiley:

My understanding is that that goal is a lot easier to achieve if you disregard the Ethics portion of the CFA curriculum.

Not a recommendation, just an observation.

The best stuff, though. Cheers S2K!

PS: Did you ever end up looking into doing that PhD in Knot Theory that you talked about some time back? Somewhat following in your footsteps furthering my education in mathematics, currently pursuing that as a second undergrad.

It really depends on whether I can relocate to Northern California and be within driving distance of UC Davis.

We’ll just have to see.

Chiming off of OP, thanks you S2000magician for the invaluable explanations. I’ve been lurking on this forum since L1 and AF has been my go-to for explanations, thanks to you! :slight_smile:

Hi Bill, are you gonna be the grader again this year for MM’s AM grading session?

I am, but Mark told me that all of my grading sessions are already sold out.

I recommended a colleague of mine to Mark, so that he could add more grading sessions. I hope that they can reach an agreement as she would be excellent. She graded AM exams for CFA Institute a few years ago.