How many of you think the new results format is better?

The most part of the results was to know that even at my unfavourable scenario I could be above >70% in a few subjects that I thought was my strength.

Great analysis!

The 90 percentile for Item Set is way above 70%, something like 80%. This is a little surprising to me.

I’m not sure how much you can take from a 90th percentile on this kind of exam. Why not just show the high score? It would be about as useful. I would think showing the 75th percentile would be much more useful. CFAI may feel that would give too much information on scores so they pick 90th percentile and degrade the usefulness of the info significantly. Or there may be some other reason.

Also, they define 70% as minimum proficiency, but they clearly don’t understand what they mean. The 90th percentile for essay is below 70%. I assume they are not saying less than 10% of candidates are proficient on essay, so they miss the mark significantly by showing that.Seems like they need to only show the 70% line for total scores or define the proficient mark on a variable basis depending on what they are showing.

I’m surprised these kinds of things weren’t thought through by them and/or that they consciously decicded to be misleading and/or provide not useful information. Maybe they will improve these for the next batch of candidates. Overall, it is a reasonable way to show results.

Huge improvement to show relative performance vs. other exam takers.

Love the new format. I hit the 90th percentile line

I like it. Just seeing a Pass previously was good enough of course, but I always wondered how I did. Now we have a much clearer picture

I liked the bands. I didn’t hit the 90th percentile but the bands showed that if I was on my best day I would’ve hit it - otherwise I would’ve right on the MPS line. I also liked how it gave you a more precise level of where you were within the <50, 50-70, and 70> scale.

The one downfall is when people are right on the MPS line which will be a challenge anyway as a couple questions here or there would put you over the line.

Love the new format

I guess all >90th percentile performers like it, including myself!

I mean that’s nice but it’s also just a lot more informative as to your actual score and how it compares to others. Old version 69 vs 71 were very different and 69 and 51 were exactly the same

:wink:

I love it, but it doesn’t matter to me anymore since I already passed.

My score in the old format would have been 0/3/4, but with the new format, my score was consistently around the 70 mark for 6 of them and slightly above 50 for the last one. It’s also nice to see how well I do relatively to everyone in each section.

Using the new system, I can kinda guess what my overall score is (around 67-68%).

It’s just okay IMO. Would be better if each section (e.g. Behavioral or Individual PM) had an individual breakdown for both the AM and PM like in the past. I passed so don’t need feedback but as a retaker the old format was more helpful for seeing exactly where I struggled.

Yeah that part was definitely a nice bonus. :slight_smile:

I think it’s better however having failed, I would have liked to know what Band I was in. While one could guess based on what was provided, would’ve preferred they just spit that out. Bad enough that I failed, worse to have to try to figure it myself to see that I failed by just a little bit…

Mine was exactly in btwn the mps line and the lower 10 percentile line. Dnno. Is that a band 4/5?

It’s very hard to tell - everything is very close… we can’t compare to former bands, because the bands were the top 10% of people who failed, etc… I don’t find it helpful. It makes me want to give up on the whole exam, personally…

I would find it helpful to know with more certainty what the MPS was and where my score was relative to that—more so than what band. You guys should keep at it, level 3 feels like it would be easier as a retailer compared to 1 or 2.

This was my first attempt, so I should be fine - I jumped far from my first Level II fail to a pass. I didn’t gradually climb - I went from band 6 to pass.

I think I would’ve liked it if I passed (LOL) but I didn’t so I kinda wish I knew which band I am in & the individual breakdown for AM & PM so I can know where I struggled the most.