Retabulation stories?

Does anyone have any retabulation stories? I don’t know how I got band 1 after so much studying… thanks guys!

Try this

#NoProb

I have never, ever heard of them overturning the original score. I’m pretty sure it’s just another way for the CFAI to make money.

I was band ten last year and paid for a retab. If you enjoy burning $100, i recommend it.

Hi IVC,

I feel your pain. I haven’t been in your shoes but I feel you nonetheless. If you think you studied so well, and you passed the essay part I would pay a $100 to see what happens. I highly doubt they will change anything. However, it will give you peace with yourself to shut off the (what if) that will stay in your head.

my problem is PM, not sure how I did so poorly on the PM and don’t think Retab does anything for the PM! do they mark the MC by hand again? say to make sure smudges and things like that did not mess up the computer tabulation?

Don’t think so, just putting the paper in the machine again. If there are smudges it requires interpretation as to what answer the candidate intended to select, CFAI won’t make that interpretation in your favor. Machine decides, for PM at least.

that’s the thing, essay was good, the PM that I was even more confident about I completely failed! How is that possible?!

I’m doing it for the PM part where I’m below 10%. They told me on the phone that they manually check your answer sheet etc not just put it back in the machine.

$100 is not that great in the scheme of things and you never know if you don’t go for it. Try it - if it doesn’t work then at least you know for sure.

This is good to know…I may consider it now… have to sleep on it, is there a time limit on this? I need to have a day or two perhaps a week to digest the disappointment first.

Saw somewhere 30 days from results is deadline. I faxed mine in this morning and already took the money from CC, will see what happens…

You have to fax it in? not online? LOL sorry first chuckle for me all day but they have no way of doing this online?! wow talk about stone ages… sleps palm to the face…

yeah, you have to fax it or mail it by regular mail! Even no email, ridiculous!

Hey IVC, where can I locate the retab form? When I click into the CFA program it wipes out everything and says I am not registered for anything. Also, did they say how long it would take for them to get back to you and how (like by email or something)?

I’m in the same boat as you both - scored well on MC mocks and thought the PM exam wasn’t bad at all but yet scored ~ 60% when my worst mock attempt was 68% and that was before a full review. I figured my weakness would have been AM but this is really disappointing especially when I was so confident that I scored at least 75% on PM.

I told many of the candidates that the PM paper was full of traps. TONNSSS.

No one believes me until they see their result.

Just be careful in June 2019. Don’t ever jump the gun.

Save 50% on Retabs

#URwelcome

Haha, good one Hashtag:)

https://www.cfainstitute.org/en/programs/cfa/exam/retabulation